“Writing Your Untold Story” - Yoga, Meditation and Writing Retreat
We all have a story to tell. Whether fact or fiction, our deepest inner thoughts or magical make-believe, there is a profound human need to share what is inside us; to bring to light what is hidden within.
Type of Event
Writing “what is so” for us in any given moment can be the most cathartic gift, whether we want simply to read it back in years to come, to share it with those close to us, or to publish it and share it with the world.
In this retreat we aim to release the stories we all long to tell. Through yoga, meditation, writing group workshops and one-to-one sessions we will explore and release the blocks that may stand in our way, explore ways of supporting our creative life on a day-to-day basis and find the authenticity and freedom to live our fullest truth.
Throughout the ‘Writing Your Untold Story’
Yoga, Meditation and Writing Retreat you’ll experience:
• Re-balancing yoga sessions to calm, energise and uplift
• Pranayama (yogic breath work) to centre, focus and soothe
• Guided meditations to support the creative process
• Creative Flow Workshops :
Putting pen to paper
- Sharing blocks to getting started and finding ways around them
- Sacred time, sacred space; finding a time & place to write
- Overcoming self doubt and the barriers we put in our own way
Going to where the excitement (or fear) is
- Showing, not telling
- Shame is where the juice (and the healing) is
- Bringing shadows to light (and light to shadows)
Magic Realism & Myth
- What is reality anyway?
- Telling your truth though fiction
- Going Deeper into your untold story
Taking our stories into life, Taking our life into stories
- Interfacing with the day-to-day
- Sustaining a daily writing practice
- Finding ways to support our creative life
• A one-to-one creative flow session with Lou Rhodes
• Healthy, plant-based, vegetarian cuisine
• Opportunity for healing therapies and coaching sessions
• Time to explore the island’s villages, countryside, coves and beaches
• You-Time for Relaxation and simply being