100 Hr Yoga for Kids and Teens YTT
This International Yoga Alliance registered training will help yoga teachers, educators and practicing yogi parents to skilfully teach children of all ages. Based on the “Multiple Intelligence’s” theory of Howard Gardner and Maria Montessori’s, “Learning by Doing”,
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Yoga – Mindfulness – Education – Psychology – Storytelling – Playfulness – Games
This International Yoga Alliance registered training will help yoga teachers, educators and practicing yogi parents to skilfully teach children of all ages. Based on the “Multiple Intelligence’s” theory of Howard Gardner and Maria Montessori’s, “Learning by Doing”, you will experience the multiple unique ways that a child can learn in a fun and playful way.
You will understand the use of props, storytelling, music, art and age-appropriate themes. You will learn how to teach with confidence and creativity while cultivating patience and acceptance needed to support a fair and non-competitive environment. The teaching skills you learn throughout the course of the training are specific to teaching yoga to children and teenagers, they are tried and tested methods that will empower you to give the gift of yoga to the next generation of amazing light beings.
YOU WILL EXPERIENCE
– Understanding of playfulness and creativity;
– Teach Mindfulness to children and Teenagers
– How to use yoga to enhance your current educational program;
– Meeting your own inner child and bringing him/her to life;
– Deepening your understanding of children’s chakra developmental stages;
– Supporting children’s learning through movement and art;
– Developing teacher;s playing skills;
– How to identify and encourage the Multiple Intelligences;
– Features of the development of learning – 2 to 15 years;
– Applying yoga for kids in yoga studios and at school;
– Asanas: balance, creativity and fun games;
– Pranayama: breathing awareness with images;
– Dharana: concentration exercises;
– Yoga nidra: visualization techniques for body and mind relaxation;
– Yoga philosophy: Yamas and Nyamas;
– Chakras: perception, mantras and healing;
– Methodology: self knowledge, self expression and embodiment of understanding playfulness from the – experiences;
– Partner and Acro yoga for kids and parents;
– The Business of applying yoga in education, yoga studios, and community classes;
– Yoga philosophy – Eight limbs of Patanjali applied to children;
– Mandalas meditation;
– Teaching yoga through storytelling;
– Experience teaching yoga for Balinese kids and teens.
“You cannot transmit wisdom and insight to another person. The seed is already there. A good teacher touches the seed, allowing it to wake up, to sprout, and to grow.”
– Thich Nhat Hanh
6 months experiencing yoga or …
A patient and compassionate nature, and the desire and passion to enrich the lives of children through yoga practice and play
Parents, school teachers and counselors with one of the requirements above are welcome
ON COMPLETION OF THIS TRAINING YOU WILL RECEIVE A 100 HOURS YOGA ALLIANCE CERTIFICATION.
DURING THIS TRAINING YOU WILL EXPERIENCE TEACHING THE CHILDREN AT THE GREEN SCHOOL!
• 7am to 8:30am: Yoga class
• 10am to 1pm: Exploring through Practice
• 1pm to 2pm: Silent lunch with reflections
• 3pm to 6pm: Lectures
for Children, Chanchani, Swati & Chachani, Rajiv;
2. Nurturing Spirituality in Children; Jenkins, Peggy;
3. Planting Seeds, Thich Nhat Hanh;
4. Yoga and education for children; Saraswati, Swami Satyananda;
5. Yoga for children with fun-filled stories; Thapar, mini & Singh, Neesha;
6. Yogakids; Marsha wening
LOCATION Ubud, a town in central Bali, is far removed from the beach party scene in Kuta, and is regarded as the cultural centre of Bali. It is famous as an arts and crafts hub, and much of the town and nearby villages seems to consist of artists’ workshops and galleries. There are some remarkable architectural and other sights to be found, and a general feeling of well being to be enjoyed, all thanks to the spirit, surroundings, and climate of the place.
Bali is called the Island of the Gods. A beautiful island where your wisdom, insight, creativity, playful inner child, and mindful attention expands and nourishes your heart and soul. A delicious environment to spend 12 days immersing yourself into the art of teaching children yoga.
*THE TRAINING WILL BE HELD AT THE GREEN SCHOOL STUDENT VILLAGE
Accommodation – everyone will stay at The Student Village which is part of the Green School Project where there are three different room types
*All the rooms have a shared toilet and shower and Includes Organic homemade breakfast and dinner!
Adventures – Single room with fan, desk, safe box and garden view. This room is on the second floor. To get there, you need to “climb” our bamboo stairs. Ideal for adventures spirits. Bigger than the regular single room. Price: 360 euros for 10 nights
Singles – Single room with fan, desk, safety box, sink, drinking water and garden view. Ideal for those travelling alone. Price: 390 euros for 10 nights
Twin – same as single but with bunk bed. This is a sharing room for two people!
Price 330 euros for 10 nights (per person)
They offer organic meals at the village which include food and cold tea – all from their garden
*The food in the village is one of the highlights. Everybody really likes it!!!
Teaching Experience at the Green School
You couldn’t ask for a better location to teach your first yoga class: the beautiful teak and bamboo yoga studio perched high above the Ayung River at Green School Bali, an international school that has received worldwide attention and acclaim for its efforts to interweave environmental sustainability with a student-centered curriculum design to nurture and cultivate all of a child’s human capacities, all on one of the most beautiful and inspiring campuses on the planet. Green School is expanding the vision of what a school can be in ways that are as vibrant as they are vital.
YOUR COURSE TUITION INCLUDES
• 100 hours of training;
• Training manual;
• Transportation from Ubud to the Green school and back;
• Two days of practice teaching at Green school;
• Art materials, a notebook and pens.
YOUR COURSE TUITION DOES NOT INCLUDE
• Accommodation and meals
• Flights and transfers to or from the airport.
”I’m here to offer you all a result of more than 20 years of dedicated experience of spiritual self development techniques, a combination that was a life changing realization for myself, that has brought me here ready to share with you the light of my knowledge. A refined combination of yoga styles, mindfulness, bodywork, contemporary anatomy studies, breath work, eastern and western holistic health perspectives and meditation. Culminating into a complete methodology of Dynamic spiral and yin fascial yoga, myofascial release therapy, mindfulness and biodynamic breath work. I invite you to find out more: ”
Beta’s approach is all focusing on physical and emotional trauma release, and improving long-lasting wellness for Body & Mind. She is well known for her expertise in guiding people through Body and Mind integration processes, with a unique combination of all or some elements of her training programs. Her approach is personal, thorough, deep, individualized, life changing and is suited to people who are curious and ready for transformation in their lives.