Type of Event
- Teacher Training
This is a 2 day event for yoga teachers and interested students.
Spaces are limited to 20 to ensure comfort and maximum contact with Jambo allowing time for questions and discussion.
A Vegetarian lunch with Vegan Option will be included.
£230 for course - lunch is included.
Limited to 20 places.
2 day Intensive 10 - 17.00 4th & 5th March 2017.
Suitable for teachers from all systems of yoga & experienced students wishing to gain a deeper understanding.
Join the knowledgable and friendly Jambo Truong to gain an understanding of how functional anatomy is critical to being able to identify weak and under-functioning muscles and which yoga poses to use to engage them, build strength and flexibility
During this two day experiential intensive course you’ll focus on:
- The 12 structural muscles that protect the spine and hold the skeleton in place;
- Performing muscle testing and correction techniques to complement your yoga teaching;
- Indepth study of the anatomy of postures and the inter-relationships of the muscular skeletal systems.
These structural muscles are underused in our modern day living and underworked in most of our physical activity, yet have a huge relationship to the nervous system and functional movement.
Over the course of the two days you’ll:
- Understand what these key muscles do, how they interact, and how pain and injury can result when they’re not functioning properly;
- Yourself and with partners, identify, examine and test these key muscles for function or weakness;
- Experience using these muscles in poses learning how to activate them and improve their flexibility through yoga.
By gaining a full understanding of anatomy you will be better placed to support your students and grow their practice. Places are limited to allow for maximum individual interaction and instruction so book now to guarantee your place.
About Jambo Troung
Jambo is a TED-talker & consultant of Integrated Health with special interest in classical East-Asian Medicine, Functional Anatomy & Applied kinesiology. He has been invited to join Forrest Yoga Hoop of Mentor Guardian Teachers & has been a travelling assistant to Ana Forest for the past 6 years.
Jambo’s teaching style is memorable because he uses fun anecdotes & experimental processes to enable practitioners to connect to their own anatomy & get passionate about their students.
Vegatarian Lunch with Vegan Option will be provded