Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Saturday and Sunday, from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm with a lunch break around noon each day.
~Who is this intensive for?~
This 2-day intensive is for yoga teachers wanting to explore Yin Yoga and add it to their teaching skills, as well as Yin Yoga students wanting to go beyond what a Yin Yoga class can offer and deepen their studies of Yin Yoga
~What does this program offer?~
16 contact hours for continuing education credits for Yoga Teachers with Yoga Alliance and a certificate of completion. This intensive CANNOT be counted towards any 300HR Yoga Teacher Training Program at other schools.
Deeper understanding of the philosophy and practice of Yin Yoga for interested yoga students.
Each participant will receive a training manual and list of resources for further study.
The topics covered in this intensive will include:
- Understanding what Yin Yoga is and isn’t
- History of Yin Yoga
- Yin Yoga pose clinic: exploring Yin Yoga poses, their effects and modifications
- 2 Yin Yoga practices (one each day of the training)
- Overview of the Theory of Meridians
- The Chakra Theory and its role in Yin Yoga practice
- Creating a personal Yin Yoga practice sequence or a Yin Yoga class sequence
- Teaching methodology
~How much does it cost?~
$350 to attend the full 2-day intensive. Both days need to be attended to complete this program.
Early Bird pricing of $300 is available to students who register before January 15th, 2019.
February 16 and 17, 2019. Sessions will run from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm with a lunch break.
PREREGISTRATION IS REQUIRED