200 Hour Hatha Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training February 2016
Our 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course works on all levels of the mind, body and spirit. You will not only improve your strength and flexibility but your whole being will be rejuvenated. Great knowledge, ancient wisdom, and compassion will form the rock solid foundation from which your inner teacher shall blossom.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Enjoy a $50 USD discount if you reserve your space by Dec 1st, 2015.
A variety of styles of yoga will be explored during your training, including traditional Hatha, Ashtanga Vinyassa, Vinyasa Flow, Yin, Pawanmuktasana, and Sivananda. Student will also have daily meditation, pranayama, and mantra classes.
Students who complete their Yoga Teacher Training program with us in Rishikesh will feel confident in their ability to teach students safely and effectively, and will have gained tremendous insight into the ancient yogic lifestyle.
1. Teaching Asana
Our 200 Hour Yoga Training program includes:
• Study of all hatha yoga postures with modifications for various levels
• Appropriate use of props
• Correct physical alignment
• Physical and subtle energetic benefits of postures
• Hands on adjustments
• Learn the principles and art of sequencing and how to create a theme for your class
• Learn to give clear instructions and verbal cues
• Learn how to demonstrate asanas
• Teaching to beginners
• Teaching to special groups such as seniors, children, prenatal yoga, etc.
• Guidelines behind the student teacher relationship
• Ethics of a yoga teacher
Students will have many opportunities to practice yoga teaching so they feel completely at ease and confident in front of a class. At Suddha Anand we have very supportive, nurturing teachers who are here to help you develop and refine your teaching skills.
• Students will learn to guide others through a variety of meditation techniques.
• Meditation teaches us to stop identifying with the external world, the body, the mind, and ceaseless thoughts. When this quieting of the mind occurs, only then have you embarked on the path of yoga, which is identification with the true authentic Self which leads to Samadhi; pure bliss.
Prana is the life force or vital energy. And Pranayama is a way of building and directing this vital energy.
• Learn to teach powerful breath (pranayama) techniques such as ujayi,kapalabhati,bastrika,nadisodhana,kumbhaka,Sheetali,Sheetkari and Bramari.
• Learn how to apply bandhas and understand the effect bandhas have in directing prana (vital life force)
Anatomy and physiology will be studied in great detail. Students will study the nervous system, circulatory system, respiratory system, lymphatic system, endocrine system, digestive system, musculo-skeletal system, immune system, the genito-urinary system, and the spine.
• Truly learn and understand the physical effects yoga has on the body
• Learn how to avoid injury in more prone areas and how to work with common injuries
5. Yogic Anatomy
• Learn the subtle energetic effects of yoga on the body
• What is prana and what techniques can be used to direct prana throughout the body
• Kundalini Energy
• The chakra system
• The vayus
6. Yogic History and Philosophy
• Key influential texts will be studied and students will learn how to apply this ancient wisdom for the betterment of their daily lives. Some of the texts that will be explored include The Vedas, Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipaka, and The Upanishads.
• Yoga’s journey to the Western world and the most influential yogis
7. Yogic Diet and Lifestyle / Ayurveda
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian system of natural medicine and healing that enhances the well-being of the body, mind and spirit.
Daily yoga TTC schedule
•06:30-07:30: Detoxification & pranayama
•07:30-07:50: Tea break
•08:00-09:30: Traditional Hatha
•12:15-13:30: Lunch break
•13:30-15:30: Self-study/free time/rest
•16:30-18:00: Ashtanga Vinyasa
•18:00-19:00: Meditation & mantra
•20:00-21:00: Self-study & question and answer
*Saturday 18:00-19:00 KIRTAN
•Please note there aren’t any classes on Sundays. Students have the option of enjoying personal time or they can take part in organized group activities.