Type of Event
- Teacher Training
This is a 21 day live in retreat
This certification is a Curriculum in the Ancient Art Of Yoga, its tradition, psychology and philosophy. It teaches one how to integrate the age old teachings and modern day life, into a way of being, bringing balance and fulfillment to life.
WHO IS IT FOR
Those that wish to transform their life, awaken and merge with their soul, deepen their knowledge and experience of Yoga, heal themselves and others through the study, knowledge and wisdom of the Ancient Yoga Tradition and have a passion to share this experience.
• The meaning of Yoga
• A spiritual Life
• The science and philosophy of Yoga
• Anatomy of the physical body:
• Anatomy of the non physical body:
• The joint operation of both
• Energy balancing – disease and pranic healing.
• Anatomical and physiological studies
• The role and operation of mind, body and emotions
• The mind psychological studies .
• Asana (postures)
• Asana correction techniques, training & practice
• Teaching techniques and methodology
• Techniques to develop and teach with intuition
• Principles of demonstration, observation, assist,
• Pranayama including all breath techniques
• Yoga Nidra
• Meditation (Pratyahara, Dhyana, Dharana, Samadhi
• Shatkarmas Purification
• The Bhagavad Gita
• Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga
• Sutras of Patanjali
• The paths of Yoga
• Mudra’s & Bhandas
• Mantra and Yantra
• Gunas and Tattvas
• Compassion, forgiveness and gratitude
• Facing challenges
• Ethics and lifestyle
• Diet / Introduction to Ayurveda
• Self study and journaling
• Processing of Psychic Scars
• Getting started: class settings, goal setting
• Introduction to Spiritual Life Coaching
• Dedication & Discipline
• Attendance of all lessons
• Written & Practical Exam done on course
• Initiate self practice
• Completion of 150 hours of yoga class attendance
• Self study daily as a way of living
• A Pathway Academy of Life Yoga Teacher certificate
• Associate membership with YTF or
• Full membership with Yoga Teachers Fellowship
• International Yoga Federation membership
Jennifer Fitzsimmons is the founder of Pathways Academy of Life and Pathways Country Yoga Retreat based in Kwa Zulu Natal, South Africa where she hosts Hatha Yoga Teachers Training, workshops, yoga retreats and classes. She is the author of her published book Pathway To Wellness. As a qualified Life Coach she specializes in transforming lives in wellness and fulfillment. Jennifer is a qualified and registered Yoga Teacher through Ishta School of Yoga and Health. She is also a qualified Kundalini Yoga Teacher (as taught by Yogi Bhajan) through 3HO and teaches both styles. Jennifer is also a full member of The Yoga Teacher Fellowship of Southern Africa, thus the International Yoga Federation; she is also registered with International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association and 3HO South Africa. She obtained a full distinction, Life Coaching Diploma through The Life Coach Institute - UK.
Jennifer has been practicing Yoga for 19 years and teaching for 16 years. She has also trained teachers for the last 11 years.
It is Jennifer’s intention to coach people life changing techniques to transform their lives by builds positive attitudes and strong, well balanced minds. She teaches a disciplined way of living, which increases vitality, health and well being and thereby a fulfilled life.
She has completed a collection of Yoga voice guided meditation, relaxation, mantra & visualization CD's and her book Pathways to Wellness. This book is a life changing gift that coaches stress management and emotional balancing to release anger, depression, anxiety, fear and so forth. It includes powerful emotional balancing and stress management techniques.
Jennifer’s belief is that the most essential element of any qualification is self experience and a deep passion.