200-hour Viniyoga Wellness Instructor Training
Gary Kraftsow's world-renowned teacher training curriculum is now available at the 200-hour level. This comprehensive foundational series prepares you to teach confidently, develop your personal practice, and paves the way to advanced Yoga Therapy training.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Program begins MAY 16, 2014!
Ten weekend sessions.
* Session 1: May 16 - 18, 2014
* Session 2: June 20 - 22, 2014
* Session 3: July 11 - 13, 2014
* Session 4: August 15 - 17, 2014
* Session 5: September 19 - 21, 2014
* Session 6: October 17 - 19, 2014
* Session 7: November 14 - 16, 2014
* Session 8: April 24 - 26, 2015
* Session 9: May 15 - 17, 2015
* Session 10: June 12 - 14, 2015
Fridays: 6 - 9 pm
Saturdays: 8 am - 5:30pm, 1 - 2 hour evening lectures on select weekends
Sundays: 7am - 4pm
$100 application fee.
Early-Bird Tuition Discount: $200 discount if tuition paid in full by April 16, 2014.
Payment plan available.
- Learn Viniyoga’s highly effective, student-focused approach
- Understand how to teach, sequence and adapt asana
- Learn the yogic view of energy and its directions
- Study pranayama and use it to create energetic effects
- Unlock the wisdom of the sutras
- Join a trusted lineage transmitted by Gary Kraftsow through his senior teachers from the teachings of T. Krishnamacharya and Desikachar and trusted by healthcare experts and PhDs
Mary Hilliker, RD, E-RYT 500, CYT is Training Coordinator for AVI's 200-hour Viniyoga Wellness Instructor Training, faculty for the Viniyoga Therapist Training and coordinates the Viniyoga Stress Reduction Program (a worksite wellness program). She is past AVI Director of Administration and Training Coordinator for the 2011 Foundation for Yoga Therapy Training. She is a graduate of the University of WI-Madison with a in General Dietetics. She holds certifications for a 200-hour yoga teacher training with Elizabeth Patric in 2002, the 500-hour AVI yoga teacher training in 2007 and the AVI Yoga Therapist Training in 2009. Mary has a 25+ year career in public health in nutrition and chronic disease prevention, most recently with the UW-Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center and as a consultant, which augments her teaching. Mary owns and operates River Flow Yoga, LLC in Wausau, WI, where she provides individualized Yoga Therapy and teaches general, worksite, senior and therapeutic classes and workshops. She has a special interest in helping each student reach their full potential even in the face of challenging health or life-changing issues.