Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Mahatma Yoga offers courses for residential 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training in India for an intensive 5 weeks recognized by the Yoga Alliance USA. Our certificate yoga course is well suitable for beginners as well as advanced practitioners covering all the aspects of yoga including benefits, alignments, adjustments, modifications and counter-indications of poses (asanas). Pranayama, meditation, yogic philosophy and anatomy and physiology of the body and mind are also studied in a systematic way. Students can strengthen their own yoga practise through self-discipline and awareness and build experience and confidence to teach others the path of harmony through a yogic life.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India- Topics Included
• Asana (hatha and primary seris of ashtanga vinyasa )
• Yogic purification (Kriya)
• Mudra & Bandhas
• Anatomy and physiology of yogic practice
• Yoga philosophy
• Mantra recitation
• Yogic life style(diet and discipline)
• Teaching methodology
Mahatma Yoga ashram 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India- Daily Schedule
• 06.30 am :: Wake-up (wake-up herbal tea).
• 07.00 am :: Yogic purification / Body alignment exercise
• 07.45 am :: Pranayama with Mudra &Bandha
• 08.20 am :: Milk/ Fresh Fruit juice
• 09.00 am :: Hatha Yoga (Yoga teaching techniques)
• 12:00 pm :: Lunch
• 01.00 pm :: Main lecture Philosophy / Karma Yoga
• 02:15 pm :: Juice/ Milk/ Herbal Tea
• 03:00 pm :: Body Anatomy & Physiology
• 05.00 pm :: Ashtanga Yoga / (Advanced asana class)
• 07.00 pm :: Silence (Maun) / Meditation class
• 08.00 pm :: Dinner
• 9:00 pm :: Self-study / discussion / sharing with herbal tea.
• 10:00pm :: Good Night
Code of Conduct
• Disrespect of rules and regulations could result in termination of studentship with no refund of fee.
• Absenting oneself from the scheduled program without prior permission of the teacher would be considered a serious breach of discipline.
• A student must inform staff in advance if they intend to be absent for a meal so that there is no wastage of food.
• Mahatma Yoga Ashram does not make arra ngements for guests of students.
• Ensure you are on time for class or you will not be permitted to enter any class once it has commenced.
• Smoking and drinking are not permitted during the training.
• Be mindful of local customs and traditions and wear modest clothing.
• The fastest and easiest way to reach Rishikesh is a flight from Delhi to Dehradun.
• Taxi from Dehradun, Jolly Grant Airport - $25
• Delhi Airport to Rishikesh by taxi - US$ 70
• Delhi Airport to Rishikesh and Rishikesh to Delhi airport by car - US$ 130
The deposit submitted with the application is not refundable. However, in case of emergencies and other unavoidable circumstances the management at its discretion permits participants to go for any other scheduled course/retreat within a one year period. We therefore, recommend that all applicants carefully examine their upcoming obligations so that they may be able to devote their full attention to our offered programs.
Email: /> Website:
Address: Laxman Jhula Rd, Tapovan, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India 249137