200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training with Devarshi at All That Matters
All That Matters 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training with Devarshi Steven Hartman and the Pranotthan School of Yoga
Are you thinking about becoming a yoga teacher or simply wanting to further your studies? Our intensive program is designed to deepen and clarify your experience of the ancient science of yoga while you train to become a confident, skillful, and compassionate teacher. Pranotthan means the awakening of prana and its intuitive intelligence.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
- Core Strength
The training dates are Oct 3-6, Oct 25-27, Nov 15-17, Dec 13-15, Jan 10-12, 2014, Feb 7-9, Feb 28-Mar 2, and Apr 10-13. Hours are Fridays, 5:30pm-9:30pm; Saturdays, 8:30am-7:30pm; and Sundays 8:30am-6pm. Note 2 long weekends have different times: the first weekend includes Thursday 5:30pm-9:30pm and Friday 8:30am-7:30pm, as well as Sat/Sun as listed; the last weekend times TBD.
Tuition of $2,750 includes:
• All weekend sessions with Devarshi and guest teachers
• Training manual
Tuition does not include required books or props. Please bring to training your yoga mat and cushion.
Payment plans are available. For details, contact
Step into living your fullest potential and inspire others to do the same.
Has yoga made a difference in your life? Would you like to share the gifts you have received from your practice with others? Or are you drawn to simply go deeper into cultivating presence and awareness in all that you do?
All That Matters is proud to offer this comprehensive, inspired, and transformational yoga teacher training with senior teacher Devarshi Steven Hartman, E-RYT, who has been leading transformational yoga programs for over 30 years, along with stellar guest teachers including Grace Jull and our own Kendall Sheldon. A 9-month passage of self-awakening in the fundamentals of yoga, this program is designed to deepen and clarify your experience and knowledge of yoga while you train to become a confident, skillful, and compassionate teacher.
Pranotthan (pronounced prana-tan) means the awakening of prana and its intuitive intelligence. Compatible with all other styles and traditions of yoga, Pranotthan Yoga is rooted in the ancient Vedantic philosophy and practices of yoga, and the teachings of Swami Kripalu, whose life exemplified the path of love and compassion. Immerse yourself fully in the yogic tools of asana, pranayama, meditation, non-judgmental witness consciousness, and communion with source – and yoga will awaken within you, just as the scriptures describe. You will long to share your own experience of yoga practice with others through your new and ever-evolving teaching skills and methods.
In this training you learn how to bring awareness to movement and breath (yoga) in a way that is right for your body, your limitations, your strengths, your age, – in other words, you discover the yoga that is right for you. Yoga is for everybody, not just the young and flexible. There are students waiting for you to teach what enlivens you. Learn how to bring the experience, depth, and benefits of yoga to your students in an inspiring, creative, safe format.
This Yoga Alliance certified 200-hour curriculum includes:
Teaching Techniques and Methodologies
• Explore 25 classic yoga postures with basic benefits and contraindications
• Learn the foundation of musculo-skeletal principles of alignment
• Learn techniques to create dynamic core power and stabilization, promoting health and longevity of the spine
• Learn the gradient approach to teaching asana and how to adapt and modify postures to create ease in all body types, thus appealing to a wider range of students
• Become aware of common compensatory misalignments and the theory of the kinetic chain to observe the body as a whole unit
• Use the eight anatomical landmarks cues for leading postures clearly and effectively
• Incorporate the Koshas – the 5 layers of the human cosmology (physical, energy/breath, mind/emotions, witness and bliss) – as a map for the multi-dimensional approach to teaching and practicing yoga
• Learn how to structure a yoga class using The Eight Elements to create a comprehensive class experience
• Find creative sequencing and class designs that express your authentic self
• Learn to instruct fundamental Pranayama, from heating to cooling, from calming to motivating.
• Learn foundational Meditation techniques and establish an ongoing meditation practice
• Learn to teach Relaxation techniques
• Master Samyana, the art of attention and absorption
• Discover original and fun ways to stoke the fire and warm up the body for asana practice
• Learn the sacred art of assisting and adjustments
• Utilize your authentic voice and presence to take space as a inspiring leader
• Learn the business of yoga including marketing and right-livelihood support
Philosophy, Scriptures, Ethics, and Lifestyle
• Experience yoga as a path of self-discovery and transformation
• Integrate holistic lifestyle tools
• Learn and practice Conscious Communication skills
• Explore scripture through experiential lectures on:
o The Bhagavad Gita
o Pantanjali’s Yoga Sutras
o Pantanjali’s 8 Limbs of Yoga (emphasizing the Yamas and Niyamas)
Anatomy and Physiology
• Learn embodied yoga anatomy
• Understand the basic physiology of the organic systems
• Deepen your understanding via the latest science and research on yoga
Pranotthan Yoga is compatible with all other styles and traditions of yoga.
• This program is appropriate for practitioners of any yoga tradition.
• A minimum of 6 months’ yoga experience is recommended.
• Applicants must submit an application. Click here for application.
Complete attendance at all weekend modules is mandatory, and all requirements must be fulfilled for certification. Extensions may be granted by Devarshi Steven Hartman, director of teacher training, and additional fees may be incurred.
Please note that certification is not guaranteed and is dependent upon completion of all requirements to the satisfaction of Devarshi Steven Hartman.
Yoga Essentials: Musélan's Guide to Yoga Poses (Laura Erdman-Luntz, Jill Barber)
Anatomy and Asana (Susi Hately Aldous)
Bhagavad Gita: A New Translation (Stephen Mitchell)
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (Mukunda Stiles)
Please note all of these books are available at The Store at All That Matters.
All That Matters
To apply for this yoga teacher training at All That Matters, click here.
Or, if you would like to speak to someone at All That Matters about this training, please call Rachel at 401-782-2126 ext 17 or email