200 hr Ashtanga Yoga teacher training by All Yoga Thailand
All Yoga Thailand is a Yoga Alliance accredited school. Our Ashtanga Vinyasa teacher training is a thorough program overseeing the important aspects of practicing and teaching yoga. The course is set upon the sequence of the Ashtanga Primary Series (Yoga Chikitsa) and the creative flow found in the Vinyasa Flow style of asana practice. While the traditional Ashtanga Primary series lays a strong foundation for the students, they will also learn from various other yoga styles on which to draw from
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
FREE accommodation for early sign-ups
All Yoga Thailand teacher training is Ashtanga Vinyasa based. The course is set upon the sequence of the Ashtanga Primary Series (Yoga Chikitsa) and the creative flow found in the Vinyasa Flow style of asana practice. While the traditional Ashtanga Primary series lays a strong foundation for the students, they will also learn from various other yoga styles on which to draw from in developing and sequencing a Vinyasa Flow class. In these styles, asana are practiced using breath, dristi (gaze) and bandhas (inner energy locks). By the end of the course, students will be able to teach Ashtanga primary series as well as creating their own Vinyasa Flow sequences.
From Day 1, the course will lead the students through the proper techniques including key alignments, modifications, variations, contraindications, use of basic yoga props as well as the art of adjustment techniques, teaching methodology and practice teaching.
As the foundation of Ashtanga primary series established, principles of sequencing will be taught so that students can create a vinyasa flow class according the needs of their own students or class. In addition, we will incorporate other styles of yoga such as yin, restorative and Hatha yoga to provide the students a broader horizon of yoga styles and enhance their knowledge in general.
Our Yoga Alliance Registered 200-hour yoga teacher training program provides the students the highest standards of education and qualification to teach internationally.
ASHTANGA YOGA (3-5 times per week):
- Introduction of history
- Key elements: Vinyasa concept (breath & movement synchronization), Ujjayi breath (victorious breathing), bandhas (inner energy locks), dristi (gaze points)
- Yoga Chikitsa (Primary series): Sun Salutations, standing series, seated series, finishing sequence
- Jump backs and jump throughs
- Drop backs
VINYASA FLOW (2-3 times per week)
- Creative flow yoga
- Practicing and sequencing a Vinyasa Flow class
- How to create a healing sequence for elders, stiff and injured bodies.
YIN & RESTORATIVE YOGA (afternoon class)
- To balance the yang energy of Ashtanga primary and power vinyasa sequences, yin and restorative yoga will be practiced 2 to 3 times per week.
THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE (up to 2 times per week)
- Therapeutic massages will be introduced including energy points, relaxation techniques and addressing body soreness and other issues. This will be practiced up to 2 times per week.
EDUCATIONAL CATEGORIES IN DETAILS:
YOUR PERSONAL PRACTICE
- Asana Practice of Ashtanga primary series and some more advanced postures such as inversions and arm balances.
- Modifications & variations, of all postures that will suit your body and level.
- How to use yoga props like blocks, straps and wall to create a safer and customized yoga practice.
- Observation and feedback, teachers will provide you immediate feedback after or during class.
- Themed workshops on topics such as backbends, drop backs, hip opening, inversions, arm balancing and therapeutic body conditioning. These will be scheduled on once per week.
ANATOMY AND ASANA CLINIC (Daily)
- Includes human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems).
- Alignment of yoga postures and the energy (pranic) loop from ground up.
- Dissecting each posture in the primary series: agonist & antangonist muscles, movement of muscles and joints rotation.
- Skeletal systems, muscular systems, connective tissue and nervous system.
- Key yoga anatomy joints: foot, knee, pelvic floor, hips, spine, shoulder, neck
- Respiratory system: Ujjayi breathing and synchronization with movement.
- Alignment, variations, modifications, contraindications of all postures in the primary sequence.
- Art of adjustments will be taught to students addressing key safety issues and constructive adjustments. Students will have a chance to practice daily during their teaching methodology class and practice teaching.
PHILOSOPHY: 3 times per week 2hrs session
- Studying the Yoga Sutras by ancient sage Patanjali
- History of Yoga. Meaning of yoga, concepts, history
- Hatha yoga
- Energy anatomy: Nadis, Ida/Pingala, Shushumna, Kundalini, Chakras;
- Ashtanga Yoga (Raja Yoga): 8-limbed path, modification of the mind,
- Life style and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher
PRANAYAMA, BANDHAS AND KRIYA
- Introduction of the pranic body. Different types of prana (life force)
- Yogic breathing: Nadi Shodhana (alternate nostril breathing), Kumbhaka (breath retention)
Bandhas (energy locks):
- Introduction, types, throat lock, root lock, abdominal lock, great lock
Kriya: Yogic cleansing: nasal cleaning, Nauli kriya
(Some topics would be covered exclusively in pranayama & meditation class and others would be incorporated in anatomy asana clinic.)
- Fundamentals of teaching techniques- visual, physical and verbal
- Observation, assisting and correcting
- Voice projection, room presence
- Instruction technique, teaching styles
- Setting an atmosphere for positive learning
- Understanding the process of learning of students
- Designing a healing sequence
- Alignment and hands-on adjustment
- Safety on inversions assisting
- Dealing with injuries and emergencies
- Business aspects of teaching yoga: self-employed, applying for a job & starting your own studio
- How to successfully market your own yoga brand
- Practice teaching in groups and one on one.
- Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching, giving feedback. Also includes assisting students while someone else is teaching.
- Will be doing daily practice teaching.
- Different teaching techniques will be taught.
- Regular feedbacks are given by teachers and fellow students so you can constantly improve and feel more comfortable as a teacher.
DAILY SCHEDULE: (subject to change)
7:00-8:00am- Mondays to Fridays- Ashtanga Primary Series (4 times/week), Vinyasa Flow Yoga (2 times/week)
8:00-10:00am- Pranayama and meditation daily
12:00pm-2:00pm- Methodology* and Philosophy on alternate days
2:15pm-5:00pm- Asana Clinic (Alignment, adjustments, modifications, variations…)**
5:00pm-6:00pm- Vinyasa Flow class or Yin/Restorative
WELCOME DINNER ON THE FIRST NIGHT
*Methodology includes practice teaching, teaching methods, sequencing
** Special workshops once a week includes jump backs/through, backbends, healing sequence
We’re a community!
At All Yoga Community, we wish to support our students even after their graduation! We believe the best way to keep up your inspiration in yoga is to keep furthering your education! Once you’ve successfully completed the 200hr program, our 300hr advanced trainings are designed to elevate you as a yoga teacher onto the next level! Special modules such as Power Rocket, Yin & Chakras and Advanced Prana Flow yoga trainings are especially designed to compliment your level I certification.
Are you traveling in Thailand? Come for a visit! We welcome all of our past graduates to come take asana class (for free) with us! Share your personal transformational stories with the new students. Transform yourself, Inspire others!
Be Part of All Yoga Community! Awareness, Love & Light.