200hr Yoga Teacher Training
YOGA & AYURVEDA Fundamentals course for Yoga teachers, therapists and/or health professionals.
200 hr Yoga Teacher Training with emphasis in Ayurveda and Yoga Therapy.
Max of 10 students :-)
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Students must attend all of the lectures and yoga classes to receive the certificate.
We start promptly at 6:30 am for mediation
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: $3,000 Euros BY NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 2015
If you need to break it down into several payments, I am more than happy to HELP YOU. Please speak to me about this personally, thank you :-)
The LilyPod Yoga & Ayurveda Teacher Training Course is a spiritual practice in its own right, developed and guided under the guidance of an experienced yoga teacher / therapist with the assistance of Dr. Venkata N joshia MD, PhD. Ayurveda, from India based in Croydon and practicing in both Croydon and London, UK. WEBSITE CLICK HERE
Our Specialized Yoga & Ayurveda YTT has been designed with a keen and thoughtful therapeutic approach in light of application of all 8 Limbs of Yoga as prescribed by Sri Patanjali in the Yoga Sutras for a fully integrated and holistic style of teaching PEOPLE not just asana.
Students of our LilyPod YTT not only learn to teach confidentially asana flows but are also able to incorporate aspects of Indian Hindu Philosophy to their teachings, basic Sanskrit, chanting & nada yoga principles, give guidance to doshic imbalances via yoga and lifestyle therapy application as well as application of Ayurveda concepts into not only their own lives but the lives of those they contact.
SYLLABUS FOR LILYPOD 200 HR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
- Yoga Philosophy I & II – Includes study of the Yoga Sutras by Patanjali & Bhagavad Gita by: Dr. Venkata N joshia MD, PhD. Ayurveda
- Yoga History, the VEDAS, the different Yogic paths and definitions, (ex: Bhakti, Jnana, karma, Tantric and Mantra Yoga)
- Study and practice of Pranayama, mantra, meditaion. How to use a malas-bead prayer necklace, chanting, satsang, kirtan concepts.
- STUDY OF SANSKRIT ALPHABET By: Dr. Venkata N joshia MD, PhD. Ayurveda
- AYURVEDIC YOGA, the 2 sister sciences as they are meant to be.
- Language of the Bhutas (5 elements and their connection to Yoga and Ayurveda), study for the DOSHAS and how to balance them in the Yoga practice.
- Study of the GUNAS & VAYUS from an Ayurvedic & Yogic point of view.
- Study of the concepts of: AGNI, RASA, AMA, KOSTHA, SROTAS, VEGAS with Ayurveda Doctor Arandham Chatterjee.
- Yoga Asana teaching methodology & techniques, break down of how to teach postures, correct, adjust & structuring and sequencing with PLENTY of practicum time. (Teaching skills)
- Study of major Asanas and their Sanskrit names.
- Study of Yogic Anatomy & Physiology, movement mechanics and postural assestement, study of how breathing affects posture, PRANA as the link between Yoga & Ayurveda, breathing energetics and pranayama techniques to sooth the Doshas.
- Study of the higher energy Centers: CHAKRAS, MARAMAS, NADIS.
- The Alchemy of Yoga & Ayurveda: DINACHARYA, KRIYAS, MANTRA, MUDRAS, BANDHAS.
- HERB ALCHEMY
- YOGA THERAPY & YOGIC LIFESTYLE
- The business of being a Yoga Teacher, Yoga Teacher Ethics & Code of Conduct.
STUDENTS ARE ASKED TO FIND AN EXPERIENCE TEACHER THEY FEEL COMFORTABLE WORKING WITH IN ORDER TO DEVELOP THEIR OWN CLASS, TECHNIQUE AND BUILD CONFIDENCE.
Monday to Saturday (Sundays OFF)
6:30 am Daily Reading – Meditation - Daily Inspiration Quote – Music & Chanting
7:45 – 9:15 am Yoga Practice
9:30 am Breakfast
10:30 am to Noon: lectures based on the following topics: Yoga and Ayurveda Theory, teaching Methodology, Philosophy, A & P, Lifestyle, Yoga therapy, Ayurveda knowlege, Video Tutorials, Yoga Therapy, Herb Alchemy, Ethics, Code of Conduct,
12 Noon Lunch
13h – 13hr30 SEVA, Study time & relaxation, nature walk
14h – 16h Lectures. Continuation from the above.
16h30 Asana Practice in pairs, students will take turns teaching during this time. We start day 1.
18h Chanting, pranayama, meditation.
20h Video Tutorials