28 Nights 200hr. Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Courese, August 2018
Our 200-hour ORION Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Course (YTTC) provides an in-depth exploration of the fundamentals of Vinyasa Yoga, Mysore Style (self-practice) in a uid combination of breath and movement in the spirit of the tradition of the parampara; teacher – student transmission.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
- Thai Yoga Massage
- Yoga Nidra
• Check in August 1st, 2018 anytime from 02:00 pm onward • Check out August 29th, 2018 11:00 am
Why study at Orion?
This YTTC offers the perfect balance between strong physical practice and profound spiritual teachings. We strive for quality over quantity and keep student numbers small. This means students will experience the true meaning of ‘parampara’ – teacher to student transmission – and receive individual guidance from our core team of teachers.
Our training content is 200 hours of teacher-to-student class time. For us at Orion, these hours are essential for students to understand the true essence of parampara and the depth of the teachings. Approach based on the pure tradition of Tristana: Breath – Banda - Bristhi, experienced teachers and ow of Sanskrit count makes this training unique; it is a direct tool for students to deepen their practice, discover their body in a new light and unveil the teacher within.
Become a knowledgable and precise yoga teacher:
• Develop your own unique vinyasa and restorative classes with a unique sequence of postures and safe, solid transitions.
• Discover the connection between self-practice and teaching.
• Learn traditional Sanskrit count of Primary Series of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga.
• Deepen and re-discover your understanging of Tristana.
• Study safe posture and alignment on our Iyengar wall with ropes.
• Practice restorative yoga and learn how to teach it.
• Structure intelligent restorative yoga classes to compliment dynamic ow of Vinyasa
• Learn to observe and assist your students with intuitive adjustments.
• Practice and learn to teach pranayama, kriya, bandha, mantra.
• Study backbends and inversions in a workshop setting.
• Understand anatomy to keep your students safe in class.
Go beyond the physical practises:
• Study the energy bodies: Chakras, nadis, prana, ve bodies, ve sheaths and Spanda.
• Find exibility, strength and grace on all levels of your being.
• Understand how a yogic lifestyle works, on and off the mat.
• Sing your heart out in Kirtan.
• Discover how intuitive touch and adjustment holds potential for transformation and healing.
Discover yogic philosophy:
• Chant the Patanjali Yoga Sutras.
• Study traditional yoga philosophy, such as the foundations of Advaita Vedanta.
• Understand essential yogic texts, including Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad
Study in Orion, a place of healing and transformation:
• Relocate to a place of tranquility.
• Visit Buddhist monasteries, untouched jungle and deserted beaches. • Take time for personal development.
• Enjoy white sand beaches, crystal waters and tropical gardens.
• Meet like-minded people from all over the world.
• Experience the bene ts of sattvic food at our vegan/vegetarian cafe. • Study raw vegan food in raw cooking class.
• Experience a range of holistic healing treatments.
• Enjoy access to Orion detox programmes with 10 % off.
What is traditional Vinyasa Yoga?
The operative word in the Tantras (texts) for this sadhana (spiritual practice) is usually ‘sequence’ (Vinyasa), wherein the ritual liturgy of ‘rites’ (kramas) are the yoga practices comprising it which must be performed in a speci c order, identi ed as a ‘Krama-Vinyasa’ by Christopher Tompkins. Vinyasa was never just meant to be a term for a sequence of poses. It is the entire ritual that involves the practice. How we can break this down into a modern-day yoga class is by honoring the intention in which we set the practice; making each movement, each breath and thought part of the sequence. This importance must be transmitted to students: if they wish to allow yoga to happen in their practice they must start with the intention, and this intention should come from a space of love, compassion, surrender and pure passion, not body, ego and asana oriented, which will lead to injury and fuel the wrong Energy.
How well prepared do I have to be for this Vinyasa TTC?
We accept students of all levels. However, to become a successful teacher after this course you should have a regular Vinyasa or Ashtanga Yoga practice of at least one year. You should be in good health and not have any injuries that could prevent you from completing this intense month-long training. This course is very physically demanding and requires full attendance and commitment from each student.
Why study at Orion Healing Centre?
With years of experience running a health, detox and yoga centre in Asia, we have the experience and knowledge to safely guide students and clients through their trans- formative process. During the course of your training you may encounter obstacles, both physical and energetical. Our dedicated staff and teachers are here in this protected space to allow you to open, share and grow. This intimate bond between teacher and student – known as ‘parampara’ – is what sets this training apart.
Why 200h only?
The market for teacher trainings is oversaturated. For us at Orion it is paramount that we teach traditional yoga. This means our trainings are intense, profound and we stick to the essentials of what will bene t you on your path to enlightenment. Our in depth teaching style encompasses more one-on-one teaching time with our instructors because we want students to complete our trainings feeling con dent and full of knowledge; 200 hours is simply not enough for our standards.
Will I be able to teach yoga after this training?
Completing a one month 200h Teacher Training Course does not guarantee you will be ready to teach yoga. We see this course as a foundation and the beginning of your teaching yoga journey. We will do our best to create the right environment for you to learn as much as possible in these four weeks. The tools and skills you learn are directly applicable in teaching and daily life.
I only want to practice yoga and not be a teacher
The course offers an in depth exploration of the fundamentals of yoga. This will allow any practitioner to gain insight into the complexity of the yoga system. For students that only wish to deepen their understanding of the yoga system, this course is an ideal four week intense journey.
Will I need to bring books and reading materials?
We provide you with all the necessary manuals and writing equipment for this course. We also offer a wide selection of books for your precourse studies. Please enquire with your course coordinator Ben who gladly will send them to you. Yoga mats, blocks and straps are all included and not essential for you to bring.
Are there teaching modules on this course?
During the all 4 weeks of the YTTC you will be practicing dayily Mysore (self-practice) Style and Traditional Led classes once every week. Under guidance from Ewa and Ben, you will start planning your own Restorative classes in week 3. During week 4 you will present your own class in a live setting and the Orion Vinyasa ow sequence in a closed group setting.
There will also be an Anatomy and Philosophy exam and great numbers of smaller day to day assignments on the subject of philosophy, anatomy and pranayama, chanting and ad- justment to compliment your overall understanding of Yoga practice and teaching skills. For all students remaining on Koh Phangan we can offer a mentorship program. This way, you will be able to observe our teachers and learn from them directly.
What is the maximum number of students on this course?
We keep our numbers small and expect 10-15 students on each course.
Am I too old to join?
We encourage all ages form 18 and up to join.
How do I secure my spot on this training?
All courses at Orion require a 25 % deposit on application via PayPal by con rming your preferred room type through email. The remaining balance is due to settle upon the arrival in Cash, Debit Card or Credit Card without additional fee of charge.
07:30 - 08:00 Morning Meditation / Pranayama / Kriya 08:00 - 10:00 Vinyasa Class
10:00 - 11:00 Breakfast
11:00 - 11:30 Chanting Sutras
11:30 - 13:30 Asana Clinic
13:30 - 16:00 Lunch
16:00 - 18:00 Lecture/ Anatomy / Philosophy 18:00 – 19:30 Dinner
–Thursdays nights we host Kirtan and Fridays movie night. –Saturday is rest day.
The schedule is subject to change!
Eating at our famous vegan and raw café will demonstrate the bene ts of a yogic diet immediately. Locally sourced, fresh and organic – our menu offers a wide selection of drinks, smoothies, breakfast, lunch and dinner options