300-hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training in Chiang Mai, Thailand
Module I: Structural & Functional Anatomy as well as Therapeutic Techniques & Benefits of Yoga Practices.
Module II: Focus on stabilizing the Mind (meditation), discovery of Energetics (subtle body) and unpacks Yoga Philosophy.
Module III: Takes a masterful and comprehensive look at the important Yogas' Complimentary Sister Science: Ayurveda
|Various room options available - starting at $4,600 Early Bird All-Inclusive for the full 300-hour program. Individual 100-hour modules can also be taken independently.|
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Residential 300-hour Advanced YTT Program.
Yoga Alliance & Anusara School of Hatha Yoga.
OVERVIEW of the three 100-hour MODULES
MODULE 1: YOGA STRUCTURE
Yoga Anatomy & Therapeutic Benefits of Yoga
Nov 1-13, 2017 (100 hours)
Main Faculty: Jonas Westring
Supported by Team Shantaya
Our approach begins with education and empowerment of yoga teachers by expanding the understanding of the body and its relationship to yoga asana. Using Anatomy and Bio-mechanics, Alignment-based Asana, Principles of Alignment, Physiotherapy, Therapeutic Bodywork techniques and more – we investigate the physical structure and function of the body while shedding light on the therapeutic benefits of an intelligent and lasting approach.
*Structural Anatomy & Body Systems : Detailed study of the Musculo-Skeletal systems and an overview of other body systems including Respiratory, Nervous, Circulatory and Endocrine.
* Functional Anatomy & Kinesiology : Study of how the body moves and works through its major muscle groups while identifying joints, key muscles, fascial networks, tendons, ligaments and bony landmarks – and looking at their association to movement and problems in the body.
*Joint Range of Motion & Movement Patterns : Learn how our major joints move: restricted/normal/excessive joint range-of-motion. Identify imbalances and common problems that arise through life patterns in everyday living and in yoga practice
* Therapeutic Problem Regions : Categorizing and investigating common problem areas of the body including: feet, ankles, knees, hips, pelvis, SI joints, spinal column, shoulder girdle, elbows, wrists and hands.
* Hands-on Assisting & Adjusting : Manual techniques and therapeutic tools to stabilize, mobilize and align the body so it can return to homeostasis: a balanced place free from stress.
* Therapeutic Practices & Techniques : A range of effective therapeutic methods and techniques that add up to a toolbox of exercises with therapeutic benefits.
MODULE 2: YOGA ENERGETICS
Meditation, Subtle Body & Yoga Philosophy
Nov 15-27, 2017 (100 hours)
Main Faculty: Carlos Pomeda
Supported by Jonas Westring & Team Shantaya
Each day will begin with a 2-hour Sadhana led by Jonas Westring/Team Shantaya. Then follows two daily 2.5-hour sessions with comprehensive lectures and meditations by world-renowned scholar Carlos Pomeda. Evenings will have additional activities including film, kirtan, restoratives and some evenings free time.
Below are the Lectures and Topics by Carlos Pomeda which offers a chronological guidance through the history of yoga and its philosophical evolution, subtle body and tantra explorations, guided meditations and grounded wisdom guidance on the spiritual yogic path.
* History and Evolution of Yoga and its Methodology Through the Ages : Explore the development and the subtleties of yogic evolution that we can apply to our practice. Understand the differences of the various forms of yoga and that “There is a river of joy that runs through each current of yoga, and this joy is infectious!”
* The World of Yoga : A journey across time and across the Indian continent, revealing a wonderful mosaic of practices, beliefs, imagery, customs… We will explore, among other things, the major deities of the various yoga traditions and their deepest symbolism, the complex world of rituals and their meanings.
The Yoga Upanisads : A fascinating, practical overview of these incredible sources of yoga wisdom, which form a bridge from the practices found in traditional yoga to the revolutionary approaches of Tantra.
Bhagavad Gita : A deeper study of India’s most beloved scripture and an investigation of its three main paths of Karma, Bhakti and Jnana. What is the relationship between the emotions and yoga – and between yoga and our daily activities?
* The Depth of the Yoga Sutras : This fascinating and highly popular source text for traditional and contemporary yoga contains a well of knowledge that provides a deeper understanding of reality and gives powerful insights to make our practice deeper. Unpacking key sutras will deepen your appreciation for the Yoga Sutra.
* The Tantric Universe : What is most unique about Tantric yoga philosophy is the fact that its teachings and practices are best suited for contemporary life. Tantra presents an inspiring view of the world and of human existence addressing: the heart, the intellect, the body and the environment.
* Kularnava Tantra : This practical exploration of Tantra is based on one of its most respected texts, called “Kularnava Tantra.” It covers topics such as the purpose of existence, the place of human life in the big scheme of the universe, the modes of spiritual awakening and the most effective practices for liberation.
* Spanda Karikas : What is the secret of the tremendous display of energy behind all natural phenomena? What is that power which enlivens our senses and our mind? How can we be in contact with the source of energy and happiness?
* The Mystery of Karma and the Journey of the Soul : What is right and what is wrong? How can we confront the dilemmas that life often presents to us. Understand the cycle of Karma and the ethics of Dharma.
* Integrating Yoga into Daily Life : Practical and inspirational tips and guidelines on how to integrate and maintain a yogic lifestyle that truly touches and transforms all aspects of our being.
MODULE 3: YOGA AYURVEDA
Using Ayurveda to Enhance your Life, Practice, and Teaching
Nov 29-Dec 11, 2017 (100 hours)
Main Faculty: Balaram Chandra
Supported by Team Shantaya
Ayurveda आयुर्वेद is not a new or old system to be implemented but a “Vision”(veda) of the simple patterns in “Life” (ayu) which are already present. Yoga is a dynamic system which Ayurveda utilizes as a means to enhance health, maintain health, or to bring oneself into balance by using easily available means:
The Body – all of it’s parts and functions
The Breath – functions and supports of Vayu (air) and Prana
The Mind – all of it’s parts and functions (chitta)
The Soul – Awareness/Consciousness
All encompassing Spirit/Divinity and all of it’s parts and functions
It is possible to predict, observe, and reflect upon the influences of all substance experienced and actions expressed. The intelligent person accepts that everything is influencing and will influence all aspects of your life, whether it is immediately perceivable or not. All parts of your Body, your Mind, and your Behaviors are affected and may or may not assist in the balancing of various needs of life and the achievement of desires. We seek to develop understanding of and mastery of all gross and subtle substance and functions of the Human body through the Yoga Tradition and Ayurveda and be established in Swastha (health).
* Ayurveda Foundations in Theory & Practice : Daily Yoga Sadhana (complete practice), Lecture and Practicum
* Sankhya Darshana : An in-depth overview of the traditional Vedic perspective of the universal parts (tattvas) that come together to provide the human experience within subtle (psychology) and gross (physical) bodies.
* Guna, Element & Dosha Theory : Specific elaboration on the utilization of substance and actions to effectively balance health, and successfully live an outstanding life full of enthusiasm, satisfaction and joy.
* Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy Asana, Pranayama & Meditation : Using traditional yoga techniques we will immerse in a detailed exploration of how to adjust and stabilize the elements within the Body and Mind, Seek and discover what Prana functionally is, and sharpen Awareness and all of it’s evolutes within Chitta for the purpose of Health and greater Goal Achievement.
* Dinacharya : Daily Self Care Routine for Yoga Teachers to maintain health and support recovery from any imbalance, illness or disease.
was trained as a physiotherapist in his native Sweden and is also a licensed Physical Therapist in the United States. A multi-certified yoga teacher in styles including Anusara, Kripalu and Integrative Yoga Therapy – Jonas has immersed himself 35 years in various healing arts ranging from clinical physiotherapy and yoga therapy to yogic therapeutic bodywork – and teaching professional training programs in the fields of yoga, therapeutics and bodywork. He began studying classical yoga at the Scandinavian Yoga & Meditation School in 1981 and began Anusara Yoga studies in 1999. Jonas has personal experience in many other yoga styles, and especially Iyengar Yoga and Ashtanga Vinyasa. From 1999-2004 he was co-directing Integrative Yoga Therapy teacher training programs. In 1998 he created the Thai Yoga Therapy Training Program that teaches therapeutic hands-on approaches to touch and healing. He is the founder-director of Shantaya Yoga & Bodywork School based in Chiang Mai, Thailand. When not at his home in Chiang Mai, Jonas teaches and travels worldwide sharing the essence of yoga, bio-mechanics and therapeutics with precision, clarity and joy.
Originally from Madrid, Spain, Carlos has been steeped in all aspects of the yoga tradition during more than 40 years of practice and study. He spent 18 of those years as a monk of the Saraswati order, under the name Swami Gitananda, including 9 years of traditional training and practice in India. During this time he learned the various systems of Indian Philosophy and immersed himself in the practice of yoga, becoming one of the senior monks of the tradition and teaching meditation and philosophy to tens of thousands of students around the world. He combines this experience and traditional training with his academic background, which includes two Masters Degrees: one in Sanskrit, from Berkeley (where he has taught) and another one, in Religious Studies, from Santa Barbara. He is currently working on a book on the topic of “Karma and the Journey of the Soul”, as well as a new translation of the Śivasūtra, an important Tantric text of the Kashmiri tradition . Carlos currently lives in the US, and travels extensively around the world conducting a variety of retreats, courses, seminars, workshops and lectures on the Wisdom of Yoga and related subjects. As a teacher, Carlos is renowned for the breadth of his knowledge and the clarity with which he conveys it. His great love of the Indian yoga traditions, his insight, his humor and his deep connection with his audiences give him the ability to transmit the deepest scriptural teachings in a way that is clear, meaningful and applicable. Studying with Carlos is an enjoyable and transformative experience.
BALARAMA CHANDRA DAS
was born into a family of soft-hearted Native American and Mexican farm workers. Inner strength through struggle and seeking love in all things were his caring parents. He found new vibrance in life once he heard the voice and conversation of Krishna in the Bhagavad Gita. Like brush in a wildfire he was consumed by the vast wisdom of the Vedic vision of life and the cultural practices of Yoga and Ayurveda. These arts enticed him to spend the next 8 years immersed in monastic living and spiritual practice. Currently, unrestricted by form, his study continues to find no end while sharing whatever fresh and ripe fruits he has with anyone who comes close, is feeling hunger, or desires to taste new things. Balarama Chandra currently focuses his professional practice on Ayurvedic Psychology and Habit Reformation through positive expression and the simple means of yoga, breath, and diet. He loves facilitating the conversation of self transformation and dharma via international educational trainings, retreats, and personal counseling. Balarama is a true pleasure to study with as he has the dynamic ability to make the seemingly complicated – practical, humorous and exciting.