500 Hours Bikram Method Flexi-Time Hot Yoga Teacher Training
The 500hrs Distance Learning Hot Yoga TT program was designed to allow aspiring yoga teachers a chance to marry their busy work/family commitments while pursuing a hot yoga teaching certification.
HYA's Distance Learning Hot Yoga TT program will teach you how to conduct a "Bikram-style" hot yoga group class.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
This course is open at all times. You can register anytime you are ready.
Course fee & Material fee: S$7500
180hrs Practice Hours: You can clock in your hours at your preferred home studio that offers Bikram style yoga. Trainees who wish to practice at BYCH Hot Yoga Singapore can do so at their special trainee pacakge rate of 180 hours for S$2300.
Compulsory Boot Camp: Set aside approx. S$2000.
During the course, you will study at your own time and pace. You will be required to memorise the 28-postures hot yoga dialogue, study other course modules (via online or through printed sources) and to attend the 9-day boot camp in order to graduate. You will have 7 months (or shorter if you are a fast learner) the latest to complete the course.
7 Key Areas of Study:
1. Dialogue Study - Trainees have to memorize the dialogue (28 postures) verbatim at their own pace in 7 months.
2. Teaching Methodology - A textbook with pictures will show you what/how postures should be executed. It includes principles of the yoga posture, assisting/correcting & commonly made mistakes.
3. Yoga Anatomy & Physiology - Includes presentation slides, Yoga Anatomy book and ONLINE program by Leslie Kaminoff & Amy Matthews. Studies include the application of anatomy principles to a yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc). You will have one-year access online for the videos and materials from Lesilie and Amy.
4. Communication, Body Language, Presentation Skills
5. Yoga History, Philosophy, Ethics, Business Aspects & Other Theory
6. Practicum - Trainees are required to clock in a total of 200 practice hours. 180 hours can be at any hot yoga studio in their location that offers the 28-posture hot yoga sequence. The balance 20 hours will be clocked during the boot camp.
7. Compulsory 9-day Boot Camp, Final Assessment & Graduation - It is mandatory to attend the 9-day boot camp (location TBC somewhere in South East Asia) in order to graduate. Hot Yoga Alliance runs a few boot camps in a year, so you will have a chance to attend at least 1. During the boot camp, all the above 6 key areas of study will be revisited. There will be a final exam (teaching & theory) too.