5th Annual Back to Nature Women's Yoga Retreat: Session 2
Join Ambuja Yoga for our Fifth Annual Women’s “Glamping” Back to Nature Yoga Retreat in Oregon July 2018. This women’s yoga retreat has been so successful we are offering two sessions: July 20-22, 2018 and July 22-24, 2018.
Type of Event
Check-in begins at 3 pm on Friday. Check out is around 11:30am on Sunday. You may relax on the property Sunday afternoon after the retreat has ended.
Join Ambuja Yoga for our Fifth Annual Women’s “Glamping” Back to Nature Yoga Retreat in Oregon July 2018. This women’s yoga retreat has been so successful we are offering two sessions: July 20-22, 2018 and July 22-24, 2018
Located just outside of Eugene, Oregon, at the Tipi Village Retreat in Marcola, this all-inclusive three day women’s retreat is designed to help you unwind, deepen your yoga practice, and enjoy Oregon’s beautiful outdoors.
Book Early! This retreat will sell out just as quickly as last year and group size is capped at 22. Stay for one session or stay for both! It’s totally up to you.
The Tipi Village Retreat, nestled within the Pacific Northwest woods, is the perfect place for our “glamping” retreat as we celebrate the dog days of summer with creekside outdoor yoga, a beautiful local day-hike, and gourmet al fresco meals. At night you will find comfort within one of the Tipi Village’s beautiful tipis or cozy indoor rooms. Our women’s yoga retreat offers you the opportunity to deepen your yoga practice, recharge your soul, and find greater gratitude; an opportunity to shine your light and share your love on and off the mat.
A woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination prepared to be herself and only herself.
Autumn Adams, E-RYT 200, CPNYT, YACEP
Autumn founded Ambuja Yoga in 2014 as a way to not only share her love of yoga, travel & adventure, but as a way to cultivate intention, courage and grace in her students. She hopes her retreat attendees will leave her retreats with a feeling of purpose and with the ability to invite their intention into all aspects of their lives. She encourages her students to be conscious creators… to have the courage to take risks (both big and small), the courage to listen deeply to their body, to their gut, to their heart and the grace to “roll with the punches” on this messy path we call life.
Toni Larson, E-RYT 200, YACEP
Beauty moves Toni and touches her heart. Toni’s yoga practice keeps her doing the things she loves most. It has given her a recipe for life. She is a better mother, partner and human being because of it. Toni’s teaching provides a relaxed atmosphere. Toni approaches yoga with a very real and down to earth style. Recognizing that each person’s body, range of motion, strength and energy are different, Toni is able to create and hold space so students can approach their practice with wisdom, courage and most importantly unconditional love. Toni has been teaching yoga for over 6 years and is the owner of Barefoot Bliss Yoga.
Back to Nature Women’s Yoga Retreat Includes
All Meals (2 B, 1 L, 2 D)
Water, coffee, Metolius Tea Apothecary loose leaf tea and Yogi hot tea, Metolius Tea Apothecary cold brewed tea, and Pacific Northwest wines
4 x 90 minute yoga sessions co-taught by Autumn and Toni
Guided meditation and yoga nidra (deep relaxation/yogic sleep)
Optional self-guided hike at nearby Shotgun Creek
Foundations of Asana Workshop with Toni: Alignment & modifications for the individual student (90 minutes)
Roll & Release with Autumn (60 minutes)
Two nights accommodation at the Tipi Village Retreat
Gift bag of local goodies.
Back to Nature Women’s Yoga Retreat Excludes:
Transportation to/from the Tipi Village Retreat
Hard Alcohol and Beer
Double Occupancy: This option is perfect for two friends or sisters; with a shared full, queen or king bed
Shared Tipi: Perfect for those on a tighter budget that still want a weekend getaway or a group of friends. Sleeps 8.
Solo Yoginis: I recommend the shared tipi. It is a wonderful way to connect with your fellow yoginis. Due to limited space we are not offering single occupancy rooms.
Groups: Additional foam sleeping mats with platforms are available for groups that would like triple occupancy.
Back to Nature Women’s Yoga Retreat Reservations and Payment Information
To reserve your spot contact Autumn through our contact form to confirm room availability, fill out the Student Health and Liability Waiver, the Retreat Registration Form and send your non-refundable deposit or pay for your retreat in full. Forms and payment options are available on our Payment & Reservations page.
You may pay for your retreat via Paypal, Square, check (Oregon residents), Certified Cheque/Cashiers Check or cash (Central Oregon residents). Payment plans are available upon request. 50% non-refundable deposit holds your place; full payment due by July 1, 2018.
Ambuja Yoga Retreat Payment, Refund & Cancellation Policy:
The deposit amount is non-refundable. However, if you can find someone to fill your space the non-refundable deposit can be transferred to another individual.
If written Notice of Cancellation is received at least 30 days prior to the retreat start date the full amount paid less the non-refundable deposit will be refunded.
If written Notice of Cancellation is received within 30 days of retreat start date there will be no refund granted.
If Ambuja Yoga must cancel the retreat due to illness, death, or extenuating circumstances 100% of money paid to Ambuja Yoga will be refunded within 30 days of retreat cancellation. Ambuja Yoga is not responsible for guests’ costs & expenses incurred in preparation for any canceled retreats.
Final payment must be received by 7/1/18 unless otherwise authorized by Ambuja Yoga.
Have you been on a yoga retreat with Ambuja Yoga before? You’ll receive 10% off of your next retreat. Contact Ambuja Yoga for further details.
Oregon Back to Nature Women’s Yoga Retreat Travel Information
Travel Routes and Travel Tips
Flying into Eugene, Oregon
The following airlines fly into Eugene (EUG):
Airport Pick-up is available and takes approximately 45 minutes. Airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged directly through the Tipi Village at
Driving Directions From Portland, Oregon to the Tipi Village Retreat (2 hrs. without traffic. There seems to be tons of traffic on Fridays leaving Portland, please leave with ample time. Each year we have people that arrive late.)
1. From Portland take I-5 South approx. 80 miles to Exit 216 (OR-228 E) 2. Turn left onto OR-228 E. Follow OR-228 E through Brownsville and Crawfordsville. 3. On the other side of Crawfordsville, turn right onto Brush Creek Rd., which turns into Marcola Rd. at the county line. 4. After approx. 13 mi. turn left onto Paschelke Rd. for approx 1.3 miles 5. Turn left onto Wendling Rd. 6. Look for the wooden Tipi Village Retreat sign on the left after approx. 2 miles. 7. Turn into the driveway and cross the wooden bridge. 8. The Tipi Village Retreat is on the right. 9. When you pull in follow the drive into the forested area for parking.
From Bend, Oregon to the Tipi Village Retreat (2.5 hrs. without traffic)
1. Take Hwy. 20 W for approx. 95 miles to Sweethome 2. Turn Left on OR-228 W/ Holley Rd. 3. After 7.8 mi. turn left onto Brush Creek Rd., which turns into Marcola Rd. at the county line. 4. After about 13 mi. turn left onto Paschelke Rd. 5. Continue on Paschelke Rd. for about 1.5 miles. 6. Turn Left on Wendling Rd. 7. Continue on Wendling Rd for approx 2 miles. Keep your eyes open for a wooden sign that says the Tipi Village Retreat on the left. 8. Pull in the driveway and cross the wooden bridge. The Tipi Village Retreat will be on the right.9. Continue up the drive into the forest, where you will find space for parking.
Please give yourself extra driving time. Each year one or two guests end up getting stuck in the Portland-Salem traffic or get stuck behind a slow moving vehicle going over the pass from Bend. The Opening Circle begins promptly at 5:00 pm on the first evening.
Arrival and Departure Information
Arrival Please plan on arriving at the Tipi Village Retreat no later than 4:30pm on the opening day. You may arrive as early as 3:00pm. Departure When arranging your travel please do not schedule flights, etc. before noon on your day of departure. **It is possible to stay an extra day before or after the retreat.**
Travel Insurance is not required. I do recommend travel insurance for those who will be flying into PDX or EUG. Travel insurance may protect against missed flights, cancelations, injuries, etc.
If you are a citizen of a country other than the US please contact your local embassy for visa requirements.
Back to Nature Women’s Yoga Retreat General Information and FAQ
1. Where is the Tipi Village Retreat? It’s 30 minutes outside of Eugene, Oregon in the town of Marcola. About a two hour drive from Portland and a 2 1/2 hour drive from Bend.
2. I have a couple of dietary restrictions. Will I be accommodated? We will do our best to accommodate all dietary restrictions. Please let us know ahead of time, so we can plan accordingly. Do I need to bring my own food? You don’t need to bring any food with you. All meals and beverages are included. If you know that you wake up hungry and need a snack before morning practice you may want to bring a couple of Lara Bars or similar with you.
3. May I pick my roommate? Yes, please let us know your preferred roommate on your retreat registration form.
4. What are the tipis like? The tipis are approximately 15-20 feet across. Each tipi has a queen or full size bed, warm bedding, and beautiful rugs covering a stone floor.
5. I’m worried about the hike. Will it be too challenging? The hike will be easy in intensity. You should plan on hiking at a rate of about 2 mph.
6. What should I pack for the Back to Nature women’s yoga retreat? Pack layers. The days will probably be warm, while the nights cool. You will want comfy clothes that don’t restrict movement for yoga. No need to bring anything fancy. No need for make-up or hair products either. You will want to bring a light jacket/rain jacket depending on weather. You may want to bring a swimsuit for an evening soak in the hot tub. You will also want to pack comfortable hiking shoes/boots that you have already broken in. You may also want to pack a camera.
7. Is there drinking water available? Yes, the Tipi Village has their own well and the water is fantastic. I encourage everyone to bring a refillable water bottle to use throughout the retreat and especially during the hike.
8. Do I need to bring my own props and mat? Please bring a yoga mat. I will provide 1 block, 1 strap, and 1 blanket per attendee. If you have a meditation cushion or bolster you may like to bring that along too.
9. When is full payment due? Final payment is due by July 1, 2018.
10. When is my deposit due? Your non-refundable deposit is due at reservation signing.
11. Is my deposit refundable? No, the deposit is not refundable. If you can fill your space you will be able to transfer your deposit to that individual.
12. I am new to yoga. Will this retreat be a good fit? The yoga classes taught will be all-levels. I will emphasize modifications to make postures more accessible and/or more challenging. Toni will also be teaching a Foundations of Asana Workshops that is alignment based and will cover modifications.
13. What type of yoga will be taught? First evening: Gentle Flow followed by a few restorative/yin postures and a brief guided meditation. First Morning: All Levels Energizing Vinyasa Flow. Second Evening: Gently Flow followed by a more restorative Yin practice w/ Yoga Nidra. Sunday: Energizing Vinyasa Flow. Two workshops will also be taught: Foundations of Asana and Intro to Meditation.
meditation be taught? Yes, meditation will be taught throughout the weekend. The first morning Autumn will lead an Intro to Meditation Workshop that will include mantra, meditation and mudra. There will also be time to practice meditation on your own.
15. Anything else I should know? This retreat is designed to let you completely unplug from the outside world. No phones, computers, etc. Each day we will get a chance to show up an be present without outside distractions.
16. Is there Wifi/ Cell Service? Cell service is spotty, but present. There is no Wifi at the Tipi Village Retreat.
17. Is there electricity in the tipis? All of the tipis, have electricity.
18. How is the weather in July? In July you can count on warm to hot days (80-95° F) and cool nights (40-55°F). The chance of rain during this time of year is slim, but it is the Pacific Northwest. I encourage you to check the weather forecast before you leave home.
19. Is gratuity included in the Back to Nature women’s yoga retreat? Gratuity is included in your rate. In previous years guests have wanted to show their appreciation by offering additional gratuity; if you feel inclined an extra $5-$15 would be adequate.
20. When can I schedule a private yoga session? Private and small group yoga sessions can be scheduled for throughout the retreat with Autumn or Toni in 60, 75, or 90 minute blocks ($65, $75, and $85 respectively). Private sessions can focus on asana, pranayama, meditation, yoga nidra, modifications, and injury prevention among numerous other topics. Contact Autumn to schedule: