6-Day Yoga, Mindfulness, & Meditation Retreat
An affordable retreat with a focus on mindfulness as well as yoga and meditation. Additionally, there are options for volunteering and book discussions, and still plenty of free time to make your getaway what you want! No yoga experience necessary, all-levels welcome!
Type of Event
$645 Double Room
$745 Single Room
Includes: 5 nights accommodation, 5 breakfasts, 5 dinners, early morning fruit/coffee/tea, unlimited purified water, daily beach shuttles, all yoga/mindfulness/meditation practices
Why this retreat?
• Learn to take your retreat home with you! The beauty of mindfulness, which is at the heart of yoga and meditation, is that it can be practiced anywhere. Learn techniques to live a more mindful life wherever you are.
• Volunteering! Those who are interested can take yoga off the mat and practice Seva (selfless service) by working with children in a San Juan del Sur school while learning more about Nicaraguan culture.
• Contribute to the community! 3% of your cost goes to help local schools.
• Book discussions! For those who enjoy reading, a list of books will be provided to further help you make the most of your retreat and start practicing mindfulness before you even arrive.
• 12-hours yoga, mindfulness, and meditation practices with the option for additional sessions.
• Plenty of free time to do what you want: surfing, exploring, zip lining, horseback riding, sailing, massage, relaxing by the pool, or whatever you please!
• The healing effects of nature infuse all of your practices that will take place on a breezy, jungle hilltop with a stunning view among the sounds of birds and monkeys (or on the beach!)
• What's included: 5 nights accommodation, 5 breakfasts, 5 dinners, early morning fruit/coffee/tea, unlimited purified water, daily beach shuttles, all yoga/mindfulness/meditation practices, and Monica's bad jokes.
Sample Daily Schedule:
7:00 - 7:30am: Coffee, tea, fruit
7:30 - 9:00am: Sunrise meditation, vinyasa flow yoga, and mindfulness practices
9:00 - 10:00am: Breakfast
10:00am - 4:30pm: Free time
4:30 - 6:00pm: Sunset meditation, yin yoga, and mindfulness practices
• Volunteering with local school children
• Book discussions (book list to read before retreat available to those interested)
• Exploring San Juan del Sur: great restaurants, shopping, cultural dance and music, Jesus statue hike
• Surfing and surf lessons
• Horseback riding
Monica Munguia is a 200-hour Vinyasa yoga teacher who first visited Nicaragua in the spring of 2014 for a yoga retreat at Casa Maderas. Her experience was life changing and she later left her 40+ hour per week job to teach yoga in Nicaragua in summer of 2015. She believes in the power of yoga, mindfulness and meditation to transform, heal, and help us become our best selves and create the life of our dreams. Her vinyasa style is slow and alignment-based and she hopes to share her love of this country that she currently calls home.
San Juan del Sur is a fishing village located in the southwest corner of Nicaragua. It has become a popular tourist destination due to its proximity to many great surfing beaches and the laid back Nicaraguan lifestyle.
Casa Maderas is a relaxing, eco-friendly lodge located a 25 minute shuttle ride from San Juan del Sur and a short walk to multiple beaches. Designed after centennial Nicaraguan fincas, it is a wonderful place to unwind in a hammock by the pool. Being eco-friendly means there is no hot water or air conditioning. However, the air temperature is warm enough that room temperature showers just perk you up a bit and all rooms have high-speed ceiling fans to keep you cool at night.
Meals are locally sourced and include a special yoga retreat menu featuring many delicious vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options. Ask me for a copy of the menu!
Airport pick-up is not included. Shared (~$30-45 each way) and private (~$85 each way) transport to/from the airport can be arrange upon request. Flights are occasionally significantly cheaper into Liberia or San Jose, Costa Rica than to Managua. Travel time to San Juan isn't much more than from Managua but there is the border crossing. Can help with figuring out travel from Costa Rica.
Private Room $745*
Double Room $645* per person
*3% of your payment goes to local schools!
30% of total cost required to reserve space with the remainder due upon arrival
There is a $150 non-refundable cancellation fee.