7 Day Vinyasa Flow Eco Retreat
7 Day Vinyasa Flow Eco Retreat with elements of Hatha and Pilates in an Award Winning Eco Lodge in Gambia, West Africa.
Type of Event
2 Yoga sessions a day,Healthy Breakfast, 7 nights accommodation,3 course vegetarian dinner, yoga facilities(mat/blocks, towel provided) & use of lodge facilities.
Flights, Transfers (available at £20 per person one way - 1 hour from Banjul Airport)insurance, lunch and drinks, any treatments and excursions
Footsteps Eco Lodge is an Award Winning Eco Lodge and is operated on sustainable and ecological principles.
The lodge is in a stunning, rural,tranquil location in the bush, next to a protected forest with an array of bird life and monkeys, and only a 20-30 min walk to kilometers of deserted, golden,sandy beaches. This peaceful, serene, natural sanctuary is an ideal place for Yoga.
We are pleased to announce the return of Sue Marshall to run this week of Vinyasa Flow Yoga. Sue has a lovely, calm manner and can cater for all levels. Her savasana with bird song in the background is sublime. She has been teaching for 16 years and specialises in Hatha, Ashtanga vinyasa flow and pilates based Yoga.
Yoga sessions are taught in a progressive style gradually deepening understanding and awareness throughout the week.
Each morning we begin with grounding work before developing the practice in a more challenging way.
The afternoon yoga may be more exploratory, looking at techniques and different aspects of yoga.
Classes will help you to develop a sense of balance, clarity and practicality
Our designated Yoga Area is set back from the lodge in just under an acre of it's own grounds. The area has many fruiting trees (oranges,bananas,avocado,grapefruit),palm trees, flowers, various plants and mature trees, an abundance of birdlife and even it's own well. Artistic touches throughout create a lovely ambience. True tranquility, ideal for yoga practice.
Our pupose bulit shala in local thatch style accomodates up to 18 people.
The Lodge offers authentic,intelligently designed, cool accommodation in natural, relaxed and friendly surroundings.
There are 9 detached en-suite roundhouses which surround the center piece pool and the open view kitchen, bar and restaurant. All roundhouses have their own fruiting trees which supply shade, privacy and of course fruit.
There are 2 stylish,self contained log cabins set in their own grounds which have a kitchen,lounge and bathroom and 2 double bedrooms. They also have there own bantabas(outdoor thatched building) and hammocks to enjoy relaxing afternoons in the shade.
Our clay brick house 'Sunbird House' is again set in its own permaculture grounds and has a kitchen,lounge, balcony and 2 en-suite double bedrooms.
- Shared en-suite Round House: £545 pp
- Single occupancy en-suite Roundhouse £645
- single occupancy en- suite room in Sunbird House (kitchen,lounge,balcony) £665pp
- single occupancy double bedroom in one of our cabins(lounge,kitchen,2 double bedrooms, 1 bathroom):
2 Yoga Sessions Daily, Healthy Breakfast, 7 nights accommodation,3 course vegetarian dinner (meat/fish available at small additional cost), yoga facilities (mat/blocks,towel provided) and use of lodge facilities. Guests can help themselves to fruit growing in our grounds.
Flights,Transfers (available at £20 per person one way - 1 hour from Banjul Airport), insurance, lunch and drinks, any treatments and excursiions.
- Is completely off grid with solar panels, hot water, composting toilets, grey water recycling and the grounds are full of fruiting trees, vegetables and flowers and over 150 species of birds have been identified in our grounds
- has the only freshwater pool of its type in Gambia, a great place to cool off and take in the sounds of bird song.
- is proud of its food and its quality. Meats and seafood are sourced locally from reputable suppliers. It produces its own fruit and vegetables but also source locally from neighboring farmers. The bread is baked early morning on site.
- Massage and beauty treatments are available
- Close relationships with the local community, local schools, development projects and local villages have been built over the years and guests are encouraged to visit and involve themselves with local projects and local people to enrich their experience.
-The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming and have been there for many years creating a warm, family atmosphere.
-There are many interesting and unusual activities on and off site for guests to enjoy when not practicing Yoga which create a unique holiday experience.
-If you want to be creative there is a resident wood carver, silver smith and tailor on site. Try your hand at tie dye or local cooking. If you enjoy music try traditional djembe drumming or the local 21 stringed instrument the Kora.
- If you want to relax you can lounge on the sundeck and take a dip in the freshwater pool which is a haven for bird life or stroll down to kilometers of near deserted, golden sand beaches.
- Take a nature walk with the lodges knowledgeable local guides who can fill you in on the local wildlife, fauna or flora and give you an insight into village life. There are many lovely walks in the area or you can hire a bike.
-There are many excursions available such as to Abuko Nature reserve with its abundant birdlife, monkeys and crocodiles or take a relaxing boat through the mangrove forests or visit the thriving,local fishing village plus many other options.
- Every week we have a barbecue around an open fire under the stars and have drumming, dancing, kora playing and tales from the local traditional storyteller.
- We have a sunken fire pit ideal for meditation, drumming circles or star gazing
Gambia is served by Thomas Cook, Gambia Experience and Vueling and is just a 5-6 hour flight from the UK and the same time zone as the UK so no jet lag. You fly into Banjul International Airport which is 1 hours drive from the lodge.
We look forward to you enjoying a rejuvenating week of Yoga and activities at our Award Winning Eco Lodge in Gambia.
Please contact for further information