8 Week MBSR (Mindfulness) Online Course
8 week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course developed by Jon Kabat Zinn in 1979 at the University of Massachusetts Medical Centre and originally designed for people experiencing chronic pain.
Today it is offered worldwide as an effective and systematic approach to stress and anxiety and life in the 21st century
Type of Event
Every Wednesday evening for 8 weeks starting on 3 March via Zoom at 7:15 pm
Over 30 years of clinical research has proved that anyone can benefit from attending a MBSR course. Some of the Lifelong techniques learnt include:
• Better self-management of stress related disorders and anxiety
• Greater self-confidence, optimism and assertiveness
• More patience and self-acceptance
• Ability to cope more effectively with both short term and long term stressful situations
• Reduced pain levels and enhanced ability to cope with chronic pain
• Improved self-esteem
• Increased ability to relax
Throughout the course you will be working with your own issues whether that is wanting a calmer mind, reduce stress or anxiety or pain and also how to deal with the challenges and demands of your everyday life. You will learn different practices helping you to integrate mindfulness into your everyday life.
Each class is 2 hours long, once a week for 8 weeks plus a 3-6 pm optional session on Saturday 3 April to review all the techniques learnt. To benefit fully from the course you need to make a commitment to attend all of the classes, to undertake a daily practice for the 8 weeks and if possible attend the 3-6 pm session on Saturday 3 April. You will also be asked to complete an Intake Form on booking.