95-Hour Children's Yoga Teacher Training Hong Kong
During this training, students will learn creative and holistic approaches and key teaching methodology to create interactive and therapeutic yoga sessions for children aged 2-18 years by incorporating dance, art, music, story-telling and nature to teach yoga philosophy and practices
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
A module training led over 5 weekends. Trainees can join just one or two trainings, or attend all 5 trainings to complete the full Registered Children's Yoga Teacher Certification (95-Hour RCYT):
* Yoga for the Early Years
* Yoga for Teens
* Yoga for Tweens (8-12 years)
* Yoga & the Arts
* Yoga & Play Therapy for Children with Special Needs
Payments can be made in instalments or one payment
Our Children’s Yoga Teacher Training provides all the tools, techniques and inspiration that teachers will need to develop their own individual, creative lessons to share with children of all ages and abilities. We are focused on providing a holistic environment for children, combining elements of musical mantras, interactive story-telling, art, nature, movement and dance, group discussions and play to explore the principles and practices of yoga and mindfulness.
Our approach incorporates elements of the educational philosophies of Reggio Emilia’s Hundred Languages of Children and Howard Gardener’s Multiple Intelligences because we understand, value and support each child’s individual learning style. Furthermore, our approach regards the environment as a key component of the education process, therefore, we place emphasis on providing a safe, nurturing, holistic environment in which we give children time and space to explore yoga and mindfulness.
We keep our training groups small to enable full support and attention for each individual.
Through active participation, group discussions and practice teaching time we will explore:
* Techniques, activities and games to introduce yoga poses, sequences and breath-work to children aged 3-18 years old
* Partner and group yoga for all ages
* Age-appropriate meditation techniques including Yoga Nidra, mandala art meditations and visualisations
* Introducing yoga philosophy, principles and practices to children of all ages, including Yama and Niyama
* Yoga story-telling and adventure yoga journeys for 3-18 year olds
* Incorporating the educational philosophies and teaching methodology of Reggio Emilia and Howard Gardner into yoga
* The Chakra System for teens
* Hindu Mythology for 8 years +
* Understanding how a child's body, mind and breath are connected and affected
* Therapeutic yoga techniques for children with special needs
* Incorporating art, music, dance, drama, story-telling and nature into children’s yoga
* Mindfulness activities and techniques for each age group
* Behaviour management and appropriate, positive language use
Who is the training for?
Anyone with an interest in sharing yoga and mindfulness with children and teens within an educational, social, healthcare or home environment.