95 hour Yoga for Kids Teacher Training
This Yoga Alliance registered training will help yoga teachers, educators and practicing yogin parents to skilfully teach children of all ages. Based on the “Multiple Intelligences” theory of Howard Gardner and Maria Montessori’s, “Learning by Doing”, you will experience the multiple unique ways that a child can learn in a fun and playful way.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Price: $1685 USD
Early Yogin Registration, apply before February 13th 2016 — Save $200
No meals and accommodation included in the tuition fee
* Transfers are made to an Indonesian bank account or via PayPal. You are responsible for BOTH the local and international bank transfer fees and the total amount of the tuition fee.
You will understand the use of props, storytelling, music, art and age-appropriate themes. You will learn how to teach with confidence and creativity while cultivating patience and acceptance needed to support a fair and non-competitive environment. The teaching skills you learn throughout the course of the training are specific to teaching yoga to children and teenagers, they are tried and tested methods that will empower you to give the gift of yoga to the next generation of amazing light beings.
YOU WILL EXPERIENCE
– Understanding of playfulness and creativity;
– How to use yoga to enhance your current educational program;
– Meeting your own inner child and bringing him/her to life;
– Deepening your understanding of children’s chakra developmental stages;
– Supporting children’s learning through movement and art;
– Developing teacher;s playing skills;
– How to identify and encourage the Multiple Intelligences;
– Features of the development of learning – 2 to 15 years;
– Applying yoga for kids in yoga studios and at school;
– Asanas: balance, creativity and fun games;
– Pranayama: breathing awareness with images;
– Dharana: concentration exercises;
– Yoga nidra: visualisation techniques for body and mind relaxation;
– Yoga philosophy: Yamas and Nyamas;
– Chakras: perception, mantras and healing;
– Methodology: self knowledge, self expression and embodiment of understanding playfulness from the – experiences;
– Partner and Acro yoga for kids and parents;
– The Business of applying yoga in education, yoga studios, and community classes;
– Yoga philosophy – Eight limbs of Patanjali applied to children;
– Mandalas meditation;
– Teaching yoga through storytelling;
– Experience teaching yoga for Balinese kids and teens.
“You cannot transmit wisdom and insight to another person. The seed is already there. A good teacher touches the seed, allowing it to wake up, to sprout, and to grow.”
– Thich Nhat Hanh
Either a certification in a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training;
Or the equivalent of 6 months experience teaching yoga;
Or a yogin with a minimum regular 1 year of self practice;
Have a patient & compassionate nature;
Posses a desire and passion to enrich the lives of children through yoga practice and play;
Parents, schools teachers and Kids counselors with one of the requirements above are welcome.
• 7am to 8:30am: Yoga class
• 10am to 1pm: Exploring through Practice
• 1pm to 2pm: Silent lunch with reflections
• 3pm to 6pm: Lectures
ON COMPLETION OF THIS TRAINING YOU WILL RECEIVE A 95 HOURS YOGA ALLIANCE CERTIFICATION.
DURING THIS TRAINING YOU WILL EXPERIENCE TEACHING THE CHILDREN AT THE GREEN SCHOOL!
for Children, Chanchani, Swati & Chachani, Rajiv;
2. Nurturing Spirituality in Children; Jenkins, Peggy;
3. Planting Seeds, Thich Nhat Hanh;
4. Yoga and education for children; Saraswati, Swami Satyananda;
5. Yoga for children with fun-filled stories; Thapar, mini & Singh, Neesha;
6. Yogakids; Marsha wening.