Type of Event
12:00PM - 2:00PM
Cash or check only.
LEARN TO FLY!! Join Valerie for an afternoon of gravity-defying fun at this empowering Arm Balances & Inversions Workshop. Never flown before? No problem! This workshop is designed for students at ALL LEVELS with an existing yoga practice. It will teach new fliers basic arm balance & inversion entries and exits with modifications, props and variations, and provide seasoned fliers with new possibilities. Flip your perspective, and build courage, self-confidence, and greater focus… tap into your energy and discover the fearless yogi abiding within and launch your practice to the next level.
We will cover:
• Details about shifting your weight through space
• Use and placement of your hands, fingers and forearms
• Development of core strength to lift the feet off the ground
• Use of props and a wall
• How to balance, hold and breathe in the poses
• Transitions and variations for some of the basic arm balances
• Explore some of the more challenging arm balances