Athenian Serendipity -The Happiness Retreat,Athens & Attica Land, Greece.
7 days - 6 nights/A holistic body & soul experience amongst ancient architectural wonders,under the eternal Greek Sunlight. Re-charge with Yoga & Breathing, transform with Impulse Dance and become one with the sea in Floating Body. Glorius local food. Two full day mythical excursions.
Type of Event
, Impulse Dance, Water Healing, Full Moon, Glorius Food, Divine Beaches,Boat excursion,Ancient wonders,Myths,Temples,Surprises.
A holistic body & soul experience, amongst ancient architectural wonders surrounded by perennial olive trees, where the eternal Greek Sunlight nourishes your eyes and the sea breeze caresses your skin. An “Athenian Serendipity” week, full of fortunate surprises. With it’s illustrious past, it is only natural for Athens to be one of the most important archaeological sites of the world. The unspeakable energy of the Athenian Land rejuvenates the physical body, elevates the spirit and reveals the stem of all human’s emotions: Happiness.
Re-charge with Yoga & Breathing, discover your self with Impulse Dance and become one with the sea in Floating Body. We will hear philosophers whispering, see myths unfolding, touch intan-gible heritage, taste glorious food, feel joyful as children, laugh with our hearts, love every single moment, surrounded by myths and miracles. As the ancient Greek philosopher Plato said, recog- nizing beauty starts from within.
Re-discover body & soul, open your senses and become creative researchers and defenders of our own way of happiness in Athens, the city that amazes the world for 2. 500 years now.
Max number of Guests is 16.
Our Athenian home is a destination on its own! A new arrival in town, sophisticated, charming, and well hidden in a beautiful arcade, Inn-Athens opened its doors in 2015. Situated in the “heart” of Athens, just across the National Garden and between Syntagma square and Plaka, the neighborhood of the gods, this neoclassi- cal 100 years old building belonged to a renowned Greek noble family. Greek marble blended with steel give the hotel a “Greek chic” character which is also admired in each of the 20 rooms, each one unique with handpicked and tailor made elements.
Happiness is abundant in rooms and lobby but your soul becomes most blissful once you enter the breathtaking atrium with the olive trees and magical spots inviting you to relax, enjoy and live unique moments under the Athenian sun.
Our “Happiness“ Cuisine
Most fresh and healthful Greek products have been chosen to unlock the secret of feeling happy in our daily meals through caring & sharing eating “rituals” in our hotel, Athenian authentic Tavernas and selected culinary spots.
We have found the best specialty establishments, often the least known ones, unique recipes, and enthusiastic partners and have developed authentic experiences that are uniquely Athenian and Greek.
* All meals are vegetarian. special dietary restrictions can be accommodated (e. g. gluten free, vegan)
Our Urban experiences & Ancient Pathways of Happiness in Athens & Attica Land
Happiness will be redefined by capturing unique elements from the divine land, the sapphire colored sea and the miraculous Greek nature.
Highlights included *
6 nights / 7 days of stay in a boutique hotel in the heart of Athens 3 delicious fresh vegetarian / vegan meals per day
welcome dinner & farewell breakfast
5 classes of Yoga & Biomatic Anatomy
3 classes of im-Pulse Dance
2 classes of Floating Body
Private tour in the Acropolis Museum
Athens Riviera full day excursion, boat ride, swim & snorkeling Day trip to Ancient Corinth with guided tour and Spa
in the ancient city of thermal spa
All tastings, hands on experiences
Mindfulness living all day long
Surprises from the bottom of our hearts (can’t tell)
(not included / available upon request)
Thermal Spa massage Thai Massage
Our unique journey will:
• Lead us to the heart of the ancient Athens, a powerful energy field, where we will touch, sit and reflect on the rocks where Aristotle, Plato and Socrates got their daily inspiration from, modern Athenians blend with people from all over the world and contemporary artists walk among the marble columns: The Acropolis Museum, The Parthenon, The Athenian Agora, The Museum of Herod Atticus, The Theater of Dionysus.
• Walk us in the Garden, where Henry Miller got the inspiration to write ““it remains in my memory like no other park I have known. It is the quintessence of a park, the thing one feels some- time in looking at canvas or dreaming of a place one would like to be in and never finds”:
The National Garden
• Travel us to the ancient city of thermal spa for a day of body and senses, rejuvenate with Floating Body in the most ancient healing waters, surrender to the beauty of a blue lagoon surrounded by a natural pine forest, meditate at a serene temple next to the sea, unfold the true meaning of "love" as Apostle Paul composed it and sent it to the Corinthians: Loutraki, Ancient Corinth, Vouliagmeni Lake
• Sail us in crystal blue waters of the Aegean sea with idyllic emerald beaches while the sea breeze will be whispering to us the wise words that Anthony Quinn spoke at the legendary Zorba:” Happy is the man, I thought who, before dying, has the good fortune to sail the Aegean Sea”. Reveal the legendary, dazzling, soft and spiritual Greek light which will penetrate us in sunrise and sunset meditations in the most power- ful Aegean Temple that has inspired myths and legends: Athenian Riviera, Poseidon Temple, cape Sounio.
• Awaken new emotions with the magical sound of Cretan Lyra at the Hill of the Muses, recharge with the beauty of Impulse Dance on a carpet of Greek herbal scents that grow so profusely giving the air a unique aura: Filopappou Hill.
• Trace the footsteps of Melina Merkouri, Maria Callas, Grace Kelly, Sophia Lauren and Laurence Durrell, living their Grecian happiness in the 19th centu- ry neighborhood of the Gods, the “Greek island” look alike area, and the charming hidden alleys in Athens historical center with stunning panoramic view: Plaka, Anafiotika, Ano Petralona.
• Purify our digestive system every morning, through the herbal healing potency of eclectic Greek mountain tea. Awaken our body/spirit with the revitalizing power of Yoga & Biomatic Anatomy. Relax our mind with Yoga Nidra accompanied by selected original Greek composer’s music.
Most of all, this “off the beaten path “retreat, will give you an incredible gift to take home: the ability to cease the moment and enjoy the fullness of life!
Experiences schedule overview:
Arrival in Athens & welcome Dinner
Morning yoga & Sunset Impulse Dance
Walking excursion-discovering hidden places at the Athens Centre Archaeological Park.
Morning Yoga, afternoon Floating Body & Ancient Temple sunset meditation
The Ancient Corinth Excursion, Healing thermal springs Spa, swimming at the Vouliagmeni Blue Lagoon.
Morning Yoga & evening Impulse Dance Athenians Serendipity-Hands on experiences
Morning Yoga & afternoon Floating Body, meditation, Poseidon Temple The Athenian Riviera excursion, Boat & swimming, Cape Sounio/Fool Moon.
Morning Yoga & Impulse Dance
Private tour in Acropolis Museum, Serendipity Party.
Morning Breathing circle /Breakfast / Check out Until We Meet Again
Timetable (sample day):
08.00 Yoga & Biomatic Anatomy
11.30 Cultural and culinary experiences, lunch. 16.00 Free time
19.00 Im-pulse Dance or Floating Body
* Participation in classes and activities is optional throughout the retreat. All levels welcome!
Your Teacher/ Facilitator
Apostolia Papadamaki is an internationally acclaimed choreographer, a traveler, performer and teacher.
An ongoing life learner, Apostolia studied release contemporary dance and contact improvisation at Movement Research- New York, Ashtanga Yoga at Jivamukti Center –New York and Alexander Technique with Shelley Shenter. Being a lover of arts and move- ment she also studied Physical
Theater, Ai ki Do, Scuba Diving, (Rescue Diver Padi) Craniosa- cral Therapy, Reki and many more, collaborating with inspir- ing artists, musicians, and teachers in many lands.
After 20 years of ongoing studies and research on movement Apostolia, founded Biomatic Anatomy, an holistic approach to movement that expands to Impulse Dance, Floating Body and her Yoga teach- ings. She believes that everybody is a perfect human being, in any age and can find fulfillment through movement. In her methods there are no boundaries of age, body structure, nationality, identity.
She was the artistic director of Sine qua non dance co until 2001 and then founded Quasi Stellar dance co at 2002. Since 2001 she collaborates with Belgian Director and Visual artist Jan Fabre as a performer and choreographic work and teaching methods have been presented in more than 40 festivals around the world. In 2004, Apostolia choreographed the 12th Paraolympic Games Opening Ceremony at the Olympic Stadium of Athens, with 250 professional dancers and 350 amateurs. In 2015 she choreographed Drops of Breath, the 1st Underwater Dance performance in the world. Currently she is choreographing for Theatre, Opera and Films and designing/implementing tailor-made corporate and wellness events for foundations and organisations worldwide. She is at the board of directors of the Megaron – the Athens Concert Hall and previously was also the President of the board of the State School of Dance.
Practices - Yoga & Biomatic Anatomy
Our daily Yoga practice, in conjunction with the principles of Biomatic Anatomy, will bring harmony to our body, mind and emotional state. Emphasising on linking movement with breath as well as bringing our awareness into the lightness and transparency of our body/spirit, will increase the energy flow and open generously space for bliss. This unique blend of Yoga and Biomatic Anatomy will help us integrate both mindfulness and relaxation, even when we go back home. Classes are open to all levels and will be molded to fit participants needs, with personalized attention to their practice.
Biomatic Anatomy is a holistic approach of body perception and movement, the result of continuous study and research of it’s founder Apostolia Papadamaki. Aims to remind us the primary instincts of movement and gain experiential and theoretical knowledge of the human skeleton, the joints and how they work. The belief that the body knows it’s prime perfect nature is established. Movement patterns connect with emotional patterns. In Biomatic Anatomy, we aim to realise our movement patterns and to replace them with new movement patterns that allow the joints to work fully with the necessary muscle involvement. Always connected with our breath, we increase our mobility, elimi- nate our fears and create confidence and euphoria.
Everything in nature is Pulse! Through movement and dance we connect with our deeper self and relax the mind. Structured through Apostolia’s deep experience in contact improvisation, release techniques and Osho Kundalini meditation, this spiritual language speaks where words fail; an abundance of bliss in the heart of existence is created.
We learn how to dance expressing ourselves with the innocence of a child, moving with pulse that leads us to follow our inner «impulses» that can be transformed into movement.
Music and rhythm indulges the body to overcome all restric- tions until we reach our abundant and joyful self. We use Impulses as an entrance to our creativity and imagination.
We all come from the womb of our mother and we have experienced “float- ing”. In Floating Body, we take advantage from the absence of gravity in order to release the vertebrae and to allow the spine to move in ways that are not possible on the ground. Smooth, progressive movements and manipulations, will increase our awareness of how much freedom we gain while we are moving. Our connection with breath takes on a new dimension. We surrender to our companion’s hands, we synchronise our breathing, we «dance» in slow motion. A variety of emotions might be released through the continuous flow process. This 'giving' and 'taking' energy experience, can heal any wounds we might carry from separation and enhance the feeling of union and unity with others.
Floating Body is practiced on the surface of a swimming pool or the sea. It is suitable for partici- pants 12-80 years old and is ideal for individuals, bonding between couples, family members, and pregnant women at any stage of their pregnancy.
Details on accommodation & pricing
Airfare tickets are not included in prices.
Guests traveling alone can choose the shared room and we match up based on guest profile.