Beginners and Introduction to Yoga - 6 week Course
A complete 6 week beginners course for those who wish to take the first step to a healthier & happier you through the practice of Yoga, Meditation and Relaxation!
Have you thought about taking up yoga but have always been apprehensive about joining a group class? Or you are already practicing yoga and wish to return to the key fundamentals?
Type of Event
6 week course starting on Monday 25 March. Due to two Bank Holidays on 22 April and 6 May we will continue to 13 May.
Course content includes:
- Setting your intention for practice
- How to access your 'Flow State'
- Yogic principles and the 8 limbs of Yoga
- Meditation techniques
- Breath work techniques
- Benefits of mudras (hand gestures)
- Understanding the Chakra system
- Incorporating the Bandhas and the Vayus (energy locks)
- Getting to know Sun Salutations
- Introduction to correct alignment to suit your body
- Hands on assist within postures
- How to avoid the most common yoga injuries and mistakes
- Final deep relaxation in Savasana at the end of practice
Mats, props and eye pillows (for final relaxation) are provided in a relaxed and welcoming environment. Please bring water and comfortable clothes to be able to move freely.
We look forward to welcoming you to your mat to begin your Yoga journey.