Blogging for Business :: Sydney
Join me for a one-day intensive course on blogging for business – from getting inside the heads of our target market and what they’re struggling with, to brainstorming topics, writing clickable headlines and hooks, optimising your blog for search engines and, in the process, helping educate, inform and inspire web browsers and convert them into inquires and clients.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Chippendale, inner city, 2 minutes walk from Central station.
Limited spots. Fully catered.
What we’ll cover:
• How to determine the hot topics that your prospects are searching for
• Connecting the dots between your clients and your offerings and ask for the sale, without coming across all steak knifes salesman-like
• Crafting your professional reputation through your insights, opinions, style and tone-of-voice
• The secret to intriguing writing, and how to cultivate this when you’re feeling as inspired as cold toast
• Quick and dirty tips that anyone can use to make their writing more engaging and more effective
• Headlines and hooks that make your writing irresistible
• Asking for the sale (while avoiding the cheesy sales pitch)
• Secrets to making regular blogging a joy, not a chore
• An insider’s look at my actual writing process, step-by-step (feel free to steal!)
• Building your email list through your blog
• Optimising your blog for Google search
• Social media scheduling and other tricks to do social media marketing effectively, in minimum time
• Understanding what makes your prospective clients click and how to translate this, through your blog posts, into real sales.
Together, we’ll work through writing exercises. You’ll have the opportunity to get feedback from me, and your peers if you wish, on your writing and editing. We’ll examine case studies, looking at how and why they work. You’ll learn how to identify and embrace your writing style and put personality into your blogging (your personality, not somebody else’s).
Working in small groups and by yourself, you’ll leave the day with a full list of blog topics, headlines and outlines to get stuck into. Most importantly, you’ll have the tools and techniques to keep at it and enjoy yourself in the process. Who knows? You may even find yourself a mafia of new supporters to help widen your audience.