Breath As Medicine with Ed Harrold
Breath is life literally and figuratively. Breath is a process influencing our physical, mental and emotional health and well-being. Metaphorically speaking, it’s the process of giving and receiving, will and surrender and our ability to transform.
Therapeutic mindful breathing is arguably the most comprehensive approach we have to reducing stress
Type of Event
IN BREATH AS MEDICINE, WE WILL:
• Explore the powerful effects of yoga breathing as a mind/body tool and strategy for self-care and self-regulation
• Discuss the role of proper respiration through yoga breathing within healthcare & disease management, prevention & lifestyle, stress reduction, fitness and exercise.
• Understand how yoga breathing improves biomechanics, biochemistry, physiology and psychological states of being
• Enjoy a guided 45-minute breathing practice
• Understand why the length, depth and pace of our inhale and exhale is so important to our overall health and wellbeing.
Ed blends the fields of neuroscience and the wisdom of contemplative traditions into effective strategies to improve well-being in corporate America, healthcare, athletic performance and individual health. Ed’s fluency in mindfulness-based strategies combined with the belief in the human potential gives him the depth and understanding to meet individuals and group needs across