A wonderful Yin Yoga session followed by a healing Breathing session with Jane Bakx & Leslie Stoel.
Type of Event
- General Event
The session lasts about 120 min. It could be a little bit shorter or a little bit longer, depending on how the breathing session is going and whether people need more or less time to come out.
A wonderful Yin Yoga session followed by a healing Breathing session.
Date: 24 Feb
Time: 5:00 pm
Duration: 120 min (more or less)
Location: Smiling Buddha Yoga Studio
Price: 25 usd
We will start with a short explanation of the Yin practice and the Breathing session.
Then we have a Yin yoga session of around 60 min with Jane where we focus on the Lung meridians in preparations of the Breathing session. We stimulate this meridian via various Yin yoga poses.
Yin yoga is a more passive yoga practice, aiming to stretch the deeper laying connective tissues of the body and find full relaxation. The mostly seated and supine postures are generally hold for a few minutes. The focus is on stillness of the body and the mind.
We finish the Yin yoga session with Savasana (final relaxing position) and then we make the transition to the transformational breathing. Leslie Stoel will guide you through this healing process of connecting with your body, breath and heart.
More info about Yin:
- Stimulates the meridians (energy channels) bringing balance to the organs in the body.
- Improves flexibility and joint mobility.
- Calms and balances the mind and body.
- Reduces stress and anxiety.
- Works deeply on the connective tissues (fascia, tendons and ligaments).
- Can prepare the practitioner for meditation practice or a breathing session.
The benefits of a Breathing session:
- You can feel fitter and physical complaints may reduce or disappear
- You can free yourself from physical stress and tension
- You are more present in your body.
- Old repressed emotions can be processed and cleared away
- You may have more focus on what you really want in life.
- A greater sense of self-worth and self-love.
- You may learn to discover and guard your own boundaries.
- You may experience more emotional balance.
What to wear: comfortable clothing, either yoga legging and sport-top or wider fitted clothing.
What to bring: a thick big towel or a small blanket and a small pillow or sofa cushion. A refillable bottle of water.
If you want to join us for this special session then please contact us via PM. A down payment of 15 usd is required.
We are looking forward to dive into this beautiful session with you.