Contemplative Yoga Teacher Training (265 hours)
A unique YTT that educates you in the philosophy of Yoga, encourages a Yogic way of life, and teaches you the foundations of creating safe yoga classes for the community.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Meets weekly and one weekend each month for 10 months.
If needed, accommodations will be made for COVID-19 guidelines.
More than 20 years ago, our program was developed to allow the student time for deep integration of the course content and practices, while the unique schedule merges well into a busy life.
Based on Kripalu tradition, the focus is classical yoga drawn from the ancient texts. We go above and beyond most basic trainings of 200 hours by offering an additional 65 hours to hone your teaching skills and develop a deep personal practice, transforming your life in the process. This course is taught by our senior teacher trainers.
What you will learn:
- Asana, pranayama, meditation and chanting; including benefits, adaptations, and alignment specifics
- Methodology tools of demonstration, language, body reading, sequencing and assisting
- Yoga philosophy through the revered texts of Patanjali Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita
- Physical anatomy of the systems of the body and integrating a yoga focus
- Esoteric Anatomy through exploring Ayurveda, chakra, pranavayu, kosha and subtle anatomy
- Fundamentals of running a yoga business
- Ample opportunity to practice your teaching skills and find your voice