Earth & Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Module 1
Led by our very own aerial yoga expert trainer, Katharine Scalora, this comprehensive teacher training program will provide you with all the tools you need to be able to lead aerial yoga classes and share the amazing benefits of this unique practice with others.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
February 29/March 1, March 14/15, March 28/29
Saturdays 1pm - 6:30pm
Sundays 11am - 5:30pm
All sessions include a 30 min break
IS THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING FOR ME?
Are you a yoga or fitness instructor looking to add a more unique skillset to your repertoire? Or are you an aerial yoga student seeking to deepen your practice and expand your knowledge of the craft? The Earth & Aerial Yoga Teacher Training is for you!
WHAT IS THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?
Led by our very own aerial yoga expert trainer, Katharine Scalora, this comprehensive teacher training program will provide you with all the tools you need to be able to lead aerial yoga classes and share the amazing benefits of this unique practice with others. More than just a physical workout or an acrobatic performance, the Earth & Aerial Yoga practice is grounded in yoga philosophy and principles, which encourage students to find a balance between effort and ease. Through our aerial yoga teacher training, you will learn how to cultivate and impart both strength and mindfulness to your students, while helping them explore their limits and discover abilities they never knew they had.
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?
· The foundations required to sequence and instruct an aerial yoga class, using the silk as a prop
· The various benefits and contraindications for aerial yoga practice
· How to teach full one-hour beginner-level and restorative aerial yoga classes
· How to cue up to 125 aerial yoga poses and transitions safely
· How to modify aerial yoga poses for students of varying levels
· How to identify and adjust common aerial yoga pose misalignments to ensure students' safety
· How to create aerial yoga sequences, including poses and transitions, that flow seamlessly
· How to lead a centering at beginning of class and savasana at the end
· How to properly rig and maintain aerial yoga equipment
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?
· 33 Contact Hours (can be counted towards your Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Requirements)
· A comprehensive training manual, which includes photographs and descriptions of over 125 aerial yoga poses and transitions, as well as sample aerial yoga class sequences
· Practice teaching aerial yoga with real students in a real class environment
WHERE CAN I PRACTICE MY NEW SKILLS AFTER THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?
Upon completion of the Earth & Aerial Yoga teacher training Module 1, you may be offered the opportunity to teach Community Aerial Yoga Classes in our studio. Once you have gained enough teaching experience, and you and your trainer have deemed you are ready, you may be offered a paid teaching position at Earth & Aerial Yoga.
HOW MUCH DOES THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COST?
$950: includes 33 contact hours and the training manual
Payment plan is available.
Early Bird Price: Save $50 if paid in full by January 15!
NOTE: All students must complete all Module 1 contact hours, in order to be eligible for an Earth & Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Module 1 completion certificate. Any missed contact hours can be made up by appointment at an additional rate.