Fall/Winter Teacher Training and Deeper Studies Program
This is a 200-hour program with full weekend group sessions and an opportunity to advance your understanding of the subtleties of asana, yoga philosophy and lifestyle health. Whether you want to become a yoga teacher or are attending to deepen your practice, we are dedicated to offering the best comprehensive training programs.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Meeting these weekends:
Nov: 4-6, 11-13
Dec: 2-4, 9-11
Jan: 20-22, 27-29
Feb: 3-5, 10-12, 17-19
Teacher Training Program Summary:
The Yoga Daya Training Program is a 200-hour program with full weekend group sessions. In addition to the weekend sessions, you will be required to attend weekly classes at Yoga Daya studio.
Homework will also be assigned between sessions consisting of keeping a practice journal, required readings and completing written assignments. Training also includes assisting teacher/s in classes at Yoga Daya studio. In addition, we provide opportunity to participate in Yoga Daya’s Service Project. Please plan to dedicate yourself to the practice and teaching of yoga while attending the program.
Yoga Daya’s Lead Trainers and Senior faculty offer a systematic 200-hour program that will enrich your yoga practice and teaching. On successful completion of the program, you will be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) level. Successful completion will also qualify you for more advanced trainings at Yoga Daya Studio.
Plus, once tuition payment is made in full, you receive unlimited yoga classes at Yoga Daya studio for the duration of your registered program. This cannot exceed 30 days prior to program start date. Exclusions for extended programs apply.
Teacher Training Curriculum Includes:
– A strong foundation in major categories of yoga asanas (postures): standing, seated, forward bends, twists, abdominals, backbends and inversions
– Fundamentals and techniques of teaching yoga, assisting and seeing and understanding bodies, including how to accommodate for specialty groups, for pregnancy, and injuries by learning how to apply modifications in asanas
– Guided group practice in a safe Vinyasa style, and preparing you to teach smart sequences in a range of categories
– Developing a daily home practice of yoga asana, pranayama and meditation
– The Business of yoga and information on Yoga Daya’s Mentorship Programs
– Teaching skills – language, diction and the importance of repetition
– Basic sanskrit pronunciation guide developed in accordance with the Sanskrit International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) and offered exclusively at Yoga Daya.
– Anatomy and physiology in yoga including the energy body, nadis, and chakras, Women’s Health and Ayurveda
– Yoga philosophy and lifestyle health or ‘living health daily’ with our signature Wellness Program presentation.