Foundational Yoga Teacher Training
This is a comprehensive program designed to give students a foundational knowledge in yoga techniques, philosophy, anatomy and teaching methodology in order to go forth and share their love of yoga with others.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Training meets one weekend a month beginning January 11.
Friday 5:30 to 8:30, Saturday noon to 6 pm, Sunday 8 am to 5 pm
There are many yoga teacher training programs in the St Louis area. Below are a few things that make this program unique:
* Small class size allowing for lots of individual attention.
* Observing yoga classes with the Program Director is a part of the program. This allows students to learn by watching an experienced instructor teach and interact with students. It also allows for all participants to get experience teaching poses in a real yoga class setting, alongside the Program Director.
* Learn Pam’s “snowflake principle of yoga”. This principle is about understanding the anatomy of a pose, as well as the unique anatomy of the individual student. These two reference points are then used to inform us how we can make the poses safer and more accessible to a wider audience.
* The first half of the program focuses on a set sequence of poses, allowing for some depth and familiarity prior to learning about the art of sequencing.
* The second half of the program begins to introduce sequencing concepts that you can use to develop your own unique classes.
* Lively and informative discussions on yoga philosophy topics
* Plenty of opportunities during the weekend intensives to actually teach poses to your fellow teacher trainees, as well as work on getting comfortable with hands on adjustments of yoga poses.
* One-on-one mentor sessions with the Program Director are included in the course fee.