Hatha Vinyasa Yoga Holiday at Ulpotha in Sri Lanka
Ulpotha sustainable eco-village - Ulpotha is a retreat in every sense of the time and place to enjoy life and health, and live by the natural rhythms and ancient rituals of the land. There is no strict regime here, it's all about what you feel like doing. On arrival you will be given a sarong – and your holiday begins.
US$ 1,470 per person per week – one or two weeks available (Sunday to Sunday) US$ 1,323 per person per week if you take advantage of Ulpotha’s Early-bird 10% discount for Samanta’s students for bookings made before 31 July 2016
Yoga classes will be offered in the morning and evening - the time in between is all yours: relax in a swingbed, have a massage, swim in the lake, bird-watch, explore the surrounding villages on a bike ride, take a jungle walk up to the temple, have Ayurveda treatments, order outfits from the local tailor, check out the well-stocked library for books on Yoga / Ayurveda / Sri Lankan sites and enjoy yummy veggie Sri Lankan meals!
What to bring:
• A good torch & spare batteries (a head torch is very handy)
• Your camera or iPod charger (charges off a solar panel)
• Mosquito repellent & if you are sensitive to bites, insect bite cream/antiseptic, & sunscreen
• Swimsuit & simple light cotton clothing (please dress appropriately when outside of Ulpotha – cover shoulders down to knees), a loose-fitting white or light coloured outfit covering from shoulders to below the knee is best for visiting temples
• Rubber flip flops for walking around Ulpotha, sneakers or walking shoes for hikes. You won’t need much clothing, there’s a free laundry service for everything except for underwear, please don’t bring expensive clothing or jewellery.
• Full board on shared basis in elegant yet simple traditional huts open to nature
• 3 tasty organic veggie meals per day & snacks, juices and teas
• All yoga classes
• A one-to-one consultation with our resident Ayurveda physician
• One massage / week with visiting international therapists
• One excursion / week to one of the surrounding cultural heritage sites
• Guided walks to the hill top Temple
• Use of bicycles, hot water bathing area
• Travel costs to and from Ulpotha (airport pickups can be arranged)
• Entrance fees to cultural sites & outside meals
• Ayurveda treatments & additional massages
• Travel insurance
Where to book:
• Call +94773017536 or +442081233603 (cost of a local UK call) - Remember Sri Lanka is 5 1/2 hours ahead of GMT