Himalayan Yoga & Tantra Retreat
Join this unique retreat where you will have the opportunity to practice Yoga asanas with an emphasis on Prana energy, singing bowls, learn about Tantra, Yantras (mandalas) and Yogic philosophy.
You will also be able to go on day-hikes to visit local villages and learn about rural Nepal.
Type of Event
- Core Strength
- Mantra Yoga
- Yantra Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
The trip will start and end from Kathmandu as transfers by road are included.
20th November 2020: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (200km / 5hrs drive) Starting early in the morning, drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara valley along the scenic Prithvi highway. Upon arrival at Begnas Bazaar you will be received and transferred by canopied Shikara boat to the resort in time for a delicious lunch. From here on, Yogacharya Ramesh will start the retreat with discussions and an evening Meditation session.
21st to 24th November 2020: All day Retreat and workshop
Ramesh will plan and conduct a retreat for these four days. Each day you will focus on different activities and aspects of Tantra, Yoga and rural Nepali lifestyles. Activities will include:
• Introduction to Tantra
• Introduction to Yantras(Mandalas)
• Ramesh is a certified instructor in Hatha, Vinyasa and Yin Yoga and will combine these styles in his own dynamic style to provide two very special yoga sessions every day.
• Ramesh is an expert on singing bowls and will conduct a workshop to show how they work. He will also conduct singing bowl sessions every evening.
• A focus on Pranic breathing and Pranayama to stimulate the life-force within each of you.
• Ramesh is incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about Yoga, Tantra, Yogic Philosophy and a host of different topics while also being an avid traveler; all of this makes him a great conversationalist on topics ranging from ancient texts to modern schools of thought.
• Village walks to surrounding view-points and local villages. This will also be a great chance to see typical life in the Nepali middle-hills.
• Introduction to Ayurvedic medicine, presentation given our resident Ayurvedic doctor.
• Visit to Siddha Gufa which at 437m deep and 50m highis the largest cave in Nepal. A favourite amongst Yogis in the past, it has religious and spiritual significance for practitioners.
• The chance to meet ‘Gaineys’, traditional wandering minstrels of the Nepalese hills. If possible we will try and organise a short concert for them do display their skills with the ‘Madal’, ‘Sarangi’ and their use of ‘Bhakas’.
Please note that due to the nature of the trip, there will be some flexibility within the program. This will be due to weather, opportunities that might present themselves, what the groups’ interests are and what Ramesh would like to do with the group.
25th November 2020: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
Last morning of the Yoga Retreat at Begnas Laker. After a final morning session followed by breakfast, drive back to Kathmandu retracing the same highway.
This includes the following arrangements:-
• Round trip transportation Kathmandu/Pokhara/Kathmandu by private air-conditioned vehicle
• Five nights stay at Begnas Lake Resort in air-conditioned ’Superior’ category rooms – this includes freshly cooked Ayurveda Vegetarian meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) for the entire stay. Seasonal fruits and juices as well as herbal teas will be provided between meals
• All activities that are a part of the retreat as conducted by Ramesh
• Current Government taxes
All other personal expenses not covered by the above packages such as; drinks, snacks, foodstuff,
laundry and telephone bills charges etc. will be extra.
• You will have access to a full-blown Ayurveda Spa with an assortment of treatments. You will be able to sign up for these at reception. You will need to pay extra for any treatments you sign up for.