Integral Yoga Institute Gentle Chair Training
The Gentle and Chair Teacher Training provides a solid foundation for Yoga instructors so that they will know how to adapt the basic Yoga asana for those students who may be limited in movement due to age, illness, disability or injury.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
May 1,2,3, May 9,10, 15,16,17
Discount $200 purchased by April 1
This training at Lift Easton and certification from IYI allows you to advance your Yoga teaching by:
• utilizing chairs, straps, bolsters, blocks, blankets, the wall and gentle hands-on assists to modify and adapt asanas so they are accessible to a wider variety of people.
• using yoga to benefit people with conditions such as, Alzheimer’s disease, strokes, mulitple sclerosis, arthritis, cancer, spinal cord injuries, obesity, visual impairment, etc.
• reviewing anatomy and physiology in-depth, as it relates to specific
• deepening your experience through meditation, Yoga Nidra, pranayama and Raja Yoga.
• preparing you to adapt the traditional Yoga class to students of any age, shape, size or ability, enabling students to enjoy the Hatha Yoga experience in a safe and comfortable environment.
Prerequisite: Available to Yoga Teachers of all traditions with a minimum of 200 hours Basic Training and six months teaching experience.
Yoga Alliance Hours: 100 (including required classes, observations, research project, homework and qualifying exam).