This workshop will greatly expand your inversions practice, giving you more confidence and a better understanding of how to address the challenges of inversions.
Type of Event
10:00-17:30, lunch break 13:00-14:30
1200THB if paid by August 10, 1500THB thereafter.
In this workshop, we will focus on:
• Learning the art of balancing upside down and understanding the underlying mechanics
• Finding better alignment by reducing the banana back and getting your whole body involved in inversions
• Coming into inversions in creative ways without kicking up, and improving balance and control as a result
• Exploring fun variations that will challenge you to become fully present in your inversions practice
• Learning modifications that facilitate inversions for students with various anatomical quirks
• Coming out of inversions slowly and with control
Most yoga students I talk to seem to think that they lack strength (specifically upper body strength) to do inversions well, but in my experience a lack of flexibility is often just as much a part of the challenge.
We will cover relevant anatomy and perform an anatomical self-evaluation so that you can understand what your own physical challenges are in inversions and how to work on them. To support that work, we will learn exercises that will build core, shoulder, and arm strength, and others that will open the shoulders and hips safely and with good alignment.
"Gernot is a highly gifted teacher. I took his Intermediate Inversions Workshop and it was one of the most helpful, thorough, interactive workshops I've taken."
–Jenny (yoga teacher and life coach, US)
See Jenny's full review on our Google+ page: 103725536804260524307/about
For more information on the workshop, see