International Yoga Teacher Training (RYS 200)
Jim Harrington’s course was the first in South Africa to be recognised by the Yoga Alliance in 2005. On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate which will allow you to then register with the International Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT).
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Part time teacher training meets on Tuesday evenings and every weekend (with the exception of Easter Weekend).
Full time teacher training: November 2016. Weekdays 8am - 4pm and every other Saturday 9am - 3pm
• Full fees : ZAR 22,000.00 (1,900.00 USD)
• Early Bird Discount: ZAR 20,900.00 (1,805 USD)
• Early Bird payments for part-time course: 31 December, 2015
• Early Bird payments for full-time course: 20 September, 2016
• Past graduates may apply for a discount of 50%
Students are inspired by the depth of Jim’s technical knowledge of bio-mechanics, and by his experience of teaching and practicing for 28 years. Students benefit by learning from a “teaching team” of experienced and inspired teachers.
Their combined skills make this a world-class teacher training experience. The 200hr course may be taken with no aspiration to be a teacher, but just as an experience to deepen ones connection to yoga. This experience is guaranteed to change the way that you look at and practice yoga.
The course covers:
Teaching methodology and Yoga Techniques
The Art of assisting and hands-on adjustments
Anatomy and Physiology
Applied anatomy and physiology, principles of alignment, bandha and biomechanics of yoga
Injury management and special conditions
The Business of Yoga
• Attendance at minimum 90% of contact hours
• Presentation on Yoga Philosophy
• Written assignment on yoga philosophy (700 -1000 words)
• Book report (500 words)
• Exam for Anatomy and Physiology
• Mini Research project for Anatomy and Physiology (500 words)
• Practical teaching exam
• General assessment by the course facilitators
Students will be assessed for their eligibility to receive a Jim Harrington Yoga Level One Certificate. The Level One Certification is part of a comprehensive programme designed specifically for teachers to maintain and develop their skills.