Intro to Ashtanga
This workshop is suitable for beginners, anyone who would like to start a yoga practice; as well as those who wish to deepen their understanding of ashtanga yoga and their personal practice.
We will spend time discussing the origins of Ashtanga and philosophy; aswell as an 1h30 of yoga, and a 'refining your sun salutations' mini workshop.
Type of Event
The Workshop will begin promptly at 10am.
Please try to arrive 15 minutes before to get settled in.
Intro to Ashtanga Workshop
10h00 - 13h00
Workshop + plus one free outdoor yoga class afterwards
Brief overview of topics:
1. Origins of Ashtanga
2. Philosophy Discussion
3. Heart of practice; breath, bandhas, drishti
4. Pranayama techniques; Ujjayi breath
5. Ashtanga mantras
6. Refining your Sun Salutations
7. Ashtanga Primary Series; Standing, Seated & Finishing Sequence
8. Closing Meditation followed by Q&A
The cost is R250 per person.
To secure your spot please contact Tanita