Intro to Yoga Beginners Series
6-week course for beginners or those looking to deepen their existing yoga practice.
Type of Event
Sept. 12 - Oct. 17, 2016
Space is limited. Pre-registration is required.
- Learn the foundational principles of the practice of yoga.
- Gain the knowledge and the confidence needed to attend group yoga classes.
- Practice basic and foundational yoga postures paying close attention to alignment.
- Learn how to safely transition in and out of yoga postures maximizing strength and flexibility opportunities while protecting the body.
- Investigate a variety of yoga posture modifications discovering the adaptations that best suit the needs of your body.
- Discover the power of yogic breathing, the life force of your yoga practice. Learn breathing techniques to deepen awareness, reduce stress, quiet the mind and direct your focus within.
- Discuss yoga's history, philosophy and lineage.
- Begin your lifelong yoga journey!
Space is limited and advance registration is required.