Laughter Yoga - Yoga de la Risa
It is time to bring more joy and happiness to your life!
You can laugh with special guided techniques: It is easy! Anyone can laugh for no reason without relying on humor, jokes or comedy. You can feel the benefits on the very first session!
Every 1st Saturday of the Month staring April 6th, 2019.
Type of Event
- General Event
Every 1st Saturday of the month.
Please arrive at least 10 minutes early.
Are you someone who wants to move on and bring more laughter and joy into your life? You are in the right place. Laughter Yoga is the answer.
Laughter Yoga is a revolutionary idea – simple and profound. An exercise routine that is sweeping the world and is a complete well-being workout.
You can laugh with special guided techniques: It is easy! Anyone can laugh for no reason without relying on humor, jokes or comedy and one can feel the benefits on the very first session!
Real and Contagious Laughter: We initiate laughter as a body exercise in a group and with eye contact and childlike playfulness. It soon turns into real and contagious laughter.
Oxygenates Your Body and Brain: Laughter Yoga is combination of deep breathing exercises from yoga and laughter exercises, which oxygenates our body and brain, makes us feel more healthy and energetic.
The concept of Laughter Yoga is based on a scientific fact that the body cannot differentiate between fake and real laughter. One gets the same physiological and psychological benefits.
Clinical studies conducted at Bangalore, India and in the United States have proved that Laughter lowers the level of stress hormones (epinephrine, cortisol) in the blood.
There are several benefits but we can summarize them into 5 different categories:
1. Good Mood and More Laughter: Laughter Yoga helps to change your mood within minutes by releasing certain chemicals from your brain cells called endorphins. You will remain cheerful and in a good mood throughout the day and will laugh more than you normally do.
2. Healthy Exercise to Beat Stress: Laughter Yoga is like an aerobic exercise (cardio workout) which brings more oxygen to the body and brain thereby making one feel more energetic and relaxed.
3. Health Benefits: Laughter Yoga reduces the stress and strengthens the immune will not fall sick easily and if you have some chronic health conditions, you will heal faster.
4. Quality of Life: Laughter is a positive energy which helps people to connect with other people quickly and improves relationships. If you laugh more, you will attract many friends.
5. Positive Attitude in Challenging Times : Everyone can laugh when life is good, but how does one laugh when faced with challenges? Laughter helps to create a positive mental state to deal with negative situations and negative people. It gives hope and optimism to cope with difficult times.