Level One KRI Teacher Training
The Aquarian Teacher program is the KRI Level One Certification program in Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan®. In Level One you will become an Instructor and learn the fundamental principles and practices of Kundalini Yoga. This is a 220 hour course, which includes 180 hours of classroom instruction in a well-defined curriculum.
Course Dates (9am-7pm)
Plus White Tantric Yoga
This program is based on the comprehensive science of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan. The Aquarian Teacher program is a journey of your development as a Kundalini Yoga Teacher. There are three levels of certification: KRI Level One: Foundations and Awakening - Instructor; KRI Level Two: TransformationPractitioner; and KRI Level Three: Realisation- Teacher.
The Aquarian Teacher Certification program is open both to yoga students ready to become teachers and those who wish to immerse themselves in the science of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan. In this training, you'll:
Gain a sound understanding of the fundamental nature, technologies and concepts of Kundalini Yoga
- Have a transformational experience through the practice of these teachings
- Develop the skills, confidence & consciousness required to teach Kundalini Yoga
- Develop a conscious lifestyle
- Develop a bond with other participants, local teachers, and the international Kundalini Yoga community
The Roots of Kundalini Yoga
- Yogic History and Philosophy
- Pranayama, Asanas, Kriyas and Mudras
- Western and Yogic Anatomy (chakras, tattvas, gunas, the Ten Bodies)
- Mind and Meditation
- Mantra and Sacred Sound
- The Role of the Kundalini Yoga Teacher
- The Structure of a Kundalini Yoga Class
- Teaching Kundalini Yoga Postures, Kriyas & Meditation
- The Study of Humanology & the 3HO Kundalini Yoga lifestyle
- Relaxation and Stress Relief
- Introduction to Yogic Foods and Dietary Awareness
- Development of a Daily Yogic Practice
- Attend all 180 hours of classroom instruction plus 40 hours of assigned homework
- Complete 20 Kundalini Yoga classes during Teacher Training
- Participate in 5 full morning sadhanas
- Attend one full day of White Tantric Yoga
- Complete assigned 40 day yoga sets/meditations
- Create 2 yoga course curricula
- Receive a passing grade of 75% or better on the KRI examination
- Satisfactorily perform in the practicum
- Make acceptable representation of the Kundalini Yoga
- Code of Professional Standards
Simran Kaur Khalsa
One of the first babies born into the 3HO community, Simran Kaur is a lifelong singer and yogi. She grew up in an ashram in Brooklyn, New York (USA) and was surrounded by Kirtan from her earliest days. She went to school in Mussoorie, India where she studied voice and harmonium. She also studied Gatka and Gurbani.
Simran and her husband GuruPrem have recorded many mantras and songs together, including: Tantric Har (her most widely known recording), Tantric Mool Mantra, Tantric Sa Ta Na Ma. Their recent albums include: The Heart Rules, Heal Me ( with Siri Simrity mantra for restoring dignity, divinity and grace to the feminine), Suite: Kirtan Sohila which they also recorded in Spanish with the title Dulces Suenos, and Love Life! Simran loves to share how to sing with people and help everyone listen to and create their unique voice and sound.
Simran has taught Yoga for over 20 years and studied and taught extensively with her husband GuruPrem (designated by Yogi Bhajan as the Posture Master). She is a KRI-certified teacher and trainer. She is the lead teacher trainer of Divine Alignment & The Heart Rules around the world.
Sat Shakti Kaur
JOY’s founder and director, Sat Shakti recently relocated from New York to help spread the teachings of Kundalini Yoga in London. Sat Shakti Kaur is a KRI certified Kundalini Yoga teacher, experienced in teaching general yoga classes for beginner to advanced students, specialty classes for women, students aged 60+, and students with health conditions. She completed Level 1 and Level 2 training at Kundalini Yoga East with Sat Jivan Kaur and Sat Jivan Singh Khalsa (Simran’s parents!) in New York and is a member of the Aquarian Trainer Academy. With Shanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa, she completed Foundations: Principles and Practices of Kundalini Yoga Therapy. She is a student and practitioner of Sat Nam Rasayan.
A former ballet dancer, Sat Shakti has a background in business and the arts. Integrating Kundalini into her life, enabled her to keep up with multiple work and volunteer commitments. As Kundalini Yoga offers practical tools for practitioners to lead balanced, happy lives, Sat Shakti enjoys sharing this powerful technology with busy Londoners.
Pay in full: £3000
Early registration discounts:
£300 off payment in full if booked by 15 June
£200 off by 15 July
£100 off by 15 August
Instalment plan, total investment: £3,300
Five additional automatic credit card payments of £500 each to be made on 30 Sept, 31 Oct, 30 November, 31 December, and 31 January.
£500 non-refundable registration fee for any payment method. There are no refunds after the course begins.