Mandala Yoga Bali Retreat
WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN A TRIP TO BALI?
How about a trip to Bali that includes a week at the beautiful eco-green Desa Seni village resort, and experiencing the freedom of a Mandala Yoga Mat with its originator and owner Desiree Kleemann.
As well as two yoga classes every day on these unique mats, you will also enjoy 3 organic vegetarian meals each day. 80% of the produce used in Desa Seni’s delicious meals comes from their own organic garden.
* CLASSES Yoga classes will be held in the open-air outdoor yoga pavilion. In the morning you’ll flow through a practice on a beautiful round mat (yours to take home). In the evening the classes will be gentle and restorative. Each class will build upon the previous lesson, resulting in a series of poses to take with you for your own home practice. We also offer the option of bringing a friend or partner who perhaps does not wish to practice yoga, but will room with you. They’ll enjoy the meals, the two massages, and all the other benefits in our package.
* LOCATION Nestled amongst tranquil Balinese rice fields, Desa Seni is located a six minute drive from the Beach in Canggu, Bali. Each room is in its own free-standing house with a private bathroom. We offer the options of single, double or triple rooms. Register on your own or come with a friend or two.
As well as a refreshing saltwater lap pool, there is also a beautiful spa where you will receive a reflexology treatment and a massage, one of each included in the price of your retreat package.
Type of Event
- Six nights accommodation at Desa Seni Resort
- Daily morning yoga practice on our unique six foot round Mandala Yoga Mat.
- Late afternoon/early evening gentle Yoga class.
- Your mat will be at the retreat when you arrive and is yours to take home afterwards.
- 1 massage & 1 reflexology session during your stay
- Pre-yoga morning snack plus Brunch and Dinner each day
- Opening Balinese cleansing ceremony
- Afternoons are free to enjoy the saltwater swimming pool, spa amenities or explore the nearby beaches, villages, towns and temples.
- Airport transfers to and from the resort also included.
This retreat is recommended for yogis who have a basic knowledge of and some experience in yoga.
- Single Room $1995.00
- Double Room with another Yogi participating in the yoga classes
$1595.00 per person
- Triple Room with two other yogi’s participating in the yoga classes
- Couple with only one person participating in the yoga classes (includes all meals, massages, and airport transfers for both people)
$1395.00 per person
- $400.00 non-refundable deposit due upon booking to confirm your reservation. Full balance due 60 days before retreat.
WHY PRACTICE ON A ROUND MAT?
When people ask me why it’s so special practicing on a six ft round mat, my first response is “to experience the freedom of movement.” But it is not just the size, it is also the shape of the mat. A circle, or Mandala, is more than merely a shape. It represents wholeness, with no beginning or end, no sharp corners, a continuous flow. On the Mandala Yoga Mat you feel no confinement or borders. It is not a mat just for exercise, it is a mat to be creative on and enhance your yoga practice.
For ten years I had the opportunity to dance with Contemporary Dancers in Winnipeg, Manitoba, studying and performing the works of many well known teachers and choreographers. Upon moving to Vancouver I continued to collaborate with other professionals while creating and performing works of my own. After years of living and working with a variety of dance-related injuries, I found the healing and strengthening effects of yoga through the study of Ashtanga and Vinyasa Flow. Running my own studio for the past 14 years , I draw upon my dance background & Hatha yoga poses to create my own unique style of yoga flowing from one pose to the next with breath and intention.