If you suffer from stress, find it hard to sleep or can't seem to rise above thoughts and emotions, meditation can help. Improved mental clarity, peace, happiness and health follow.
This course is for beginners, improvers and those who want to practice in the yoga context, a tried and tested tradition dating back thousands of years.
Type of Event
3-session course on consecutive nights between Christmas and New Year, 18:00 - 19:30.
That liminal (in between) state/space between Christmas and New Year is the perfect time to introspect and re-centre. Join us for three gentle evenings laying foundations for your practice.
- add in a hatha yoga class each afternoon – the perfect preparation and complement to meditation – £36 (saving 4.50) making £72 total
- stay 28 and 29 in comfortable room from £36/night (and optional light evening vegan meal after our practice £5)
It is well-evidenced that regular meditation leads to increased well-being and effectiveness in the world. It’s a training that leads to spiritual development.
Every session includes theory and practice, and the chance to ask questions. The course includes:
-practice with a range of techniques including mantra repetition
-theory and reference to the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
-how to sit
-how to develop a regular practice and go deeper
- Benefits of Meditation
- 7-step process
- Practice: using breath and OM
- How to support your practice
- Raja yoga
- Practice: Tratak, category rotation
- Sound and the cosmic vibration
- Mantra, japa and deities
- Practice: mantra repetition, chanting
On booking some brief notes will be sent to you to print or download for annotating in the session or later.