Mindfulness for Children - Teacher Training
Mindfulness for Children
Enhance children’s health with Mindfulness activities, movement, and the tremendously popular Meditations for Growing Minds resources. In this module you will connect to the practice of Mindfulness and learn to bring Mindfulness to Children.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Saturday May 5, 2018 9 am - 6 pm
Sunday May 6, 2018 9 am - 6 pm
16 Hour Certificate in Children's Yoga Teacher Training
About The Mindfulness for Children Certificate:
In this 16 Hour Training you will learn:
- What is Mindfulness: Learn the various ways Mindfulness can be practiced to calm both teachers and students and help them get ready to learn. Get effective tools including the Meditations for Growing Minds Album and Activities to support you in introducing Mindfulness to Children.
- Research on Why Mindfulness is so Popular: Discover how Mindfulness works on the brain and body and the research and evidence that support the practice of Mindfulness.
- Mindful Breathing Tools: Explore breathing tools that kids can practice anytime, anywhere, to help calm the brain, and learn why they work.
- Mindful Movement, Mindful Living: Utilize Mindfulness in everyday activities that don’t a lot of take extra time, such as walking, stretching, or getting a drink of water. Learn to turn typically “boring” times like waiting or doing chores into opportunities to gain clarity and balance.
- Social and Emotional Learning through Games: Practice kid-friendly games and activities that promote Social and Emotional Learning and enhance relationships and communities.
see more details at Young Yoga Masters