Nurturing the Pregnant Couple
Interactive workshop for individuals or couples, that will include information, demonstrations, and activities for pre/postnatal yoga, a full yoga practice, as well as pre/postnatal massage and infant massage. Yoga and the touch of gentle massage will help couples nurture a mother-to-be's changing body, provide gentle ways to stay fit, prepare for labor/delivery and parenthood, use natural methods to relax and ease pain, and bond with each other and baby.
Type of Event
Sunday afternoon from 1-4 PM
$75 per couple, which includes fee for yoga & massage workshop, full yoga practice, informational materials, and a maternity couple photo from Nash Image Photography!
This complete interactive workshop will guide couples through:
• Intro to Pre/Postnatal Yoga with Brie Hobbs, RYT 200 Instructor, including safety do’s & don’ts, breathing techniques, & working with props during all trimesters
• A complete yoga practice with postures done individually & as a couple for relaxation to help develop strength, flexibility & endurance in preparation for childbirth, as well as stretches to help mom heal, regain flexibility, & ease soreness postpartum
• Massage for moms designed for relaxation & relief from common pregnancy discomforts
• Massage techniques, positions & acupressure points to assist in the process of labor
• Partners need massage too! Simple shiatsu massage techniques are given in seated & floor positions, designed so the pregnant mom gets a workout to strengthen her back, hips & thighs while nurturing her partner
• Massage for the newborn & infant that aids in baby’s stress relief & strengthens the immune system while enhancing the parental/child bonds
Dress comfortably and bring pillows and blankets if you'd like to use your own. If you don't have a mat or props, don't worry! We have plenty for you to use at the studio. No experience with yoga or massage needed; all levels and pregnancy stages welcome! Pregnancy is a great time to start doing yoga, and it is a gentle enough form of exercise to do safely for mom and baby. This will be an open forum for you to learn, ask questions and do things that just feel good!
Nash Maddan of Nash Image Photography will be on-site for class & individual keepsake photos of the afternoon!