Open Door Yoga Teacher School
Are you ready to change the face of yoga?
Open Door's Yoga & Meditation school is a one-of-a-kind program designed to give you the yogic tools to empower yourself and enrich your community. Our program is geared towards students of all background and levels of experience, and our mission is to promote diversity within the yoga community.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Class meets every other weekend, Saturdays and Sundays from 1 to 6.
At Open Door, you will learn a variety of meditation techniques, yoga postures to balance both physical and spiritual well-being, the anatomy and philosophy of a yoga practice to improve physical fitness, and the multi-cultural history of yoga. Our program also involves community outreach projects and adventures in order to give students the experience of effective teaching strategies for reaching out to a diverse group of students, intelligent class design, compassionate communication methods, and how to become a teacher who supports and empowers others. We are registered through Yoga Alliance as a 200 hour teacher training school and upon successful completion of our 5 month program, you will receive a globally accepted certificate as a RYT 200 Yoga & Meditation Teacher.
Program topics include:
* Anatomy & philosophy of a modern yoga practice
* Intro to holistic health (Ayurveda, chakra system, intro to herbalism)
* Techniques for yoga postures & breathwork
* Meditation explorations
* Multi-cultural history of yoga
* Community outreach
* The art of teaching: methodology, communication, & class design.
Assignments & Assessment
* Homework as assigned
* Weekly journal entries (reflections on teachings & personal practice)
* Project: Design Your Own Class
* Project: community outreach
* 5 hours of observing 500 teachers & 5 hours of assisting 500 teachers
* Teach one community class at Open Door.