Type of Event
Please visit the workshop schedule on our website for the detailed schedule.
Cost for Saturday workshop plus the training; $435 if paid before September 25th
Pelvic Floor Workshop
(Open to all women)
Saturday, November 2nd | 12-4 pm
Proper strengthening and stabilizing of the pelvic floor helps to create the correct foundation of each movement in the body. This is the true meaning of “core work”. Whether you experience a particular condition of the pelvis or are just plain curious about this area of the body, this workshop is for you! Although helpful, no previous yoga experience is required.
This workshop qualifies for continuing education credits with the Yoga Alliance.
$80 before September 25th / $90 after
Pelvic Floor Teacher Training
Sunday, November 3rd | 12—3 pm
Monday, November 4th—Wednesday, November 6th | 12—4 pm
These four days will be deconstructing the workshop, going deeper into all aspects that were taught, including:
* Cultural, medical and historical contexts of women and the pelvis. Current understanding of the pelvis, sexuality, misconceptions and
modern medical care.
* In depth anatomy of the pelvis, hip flexors and femurs and connective musculature and how they translate into pelvic health.
* How posture affects the pelvic floor
* Identifying hypertonic vs. hypotonic muscles and the difference between a strong muscle and a tense muscle
* The role of breath and emotion in the pelvic floor
* How to teach breath and asana to women who need tone in their pelvis and as well as those who have too much tone
* How to hold a safe environment for women
* What to do with the pelvic floor during all stages of pre and post natal
* Restorative yoga for the pelvic floor
The training will include handouts and homework for the students to better facilitate learning and understanding of the subject.
$375 before September 25th / $400 after
Attend all 5 days for $435 before September 25th / $460 after