Suitable from 14+ weeks pregnant Join us for 6 weeks to prepare your body for birth. Yoga will help you to relax, gain strength and help you to prepare for your journey into labour. This is a dedicated time for both you and bump to connect and a chance to meet other mums-to-be in the area. I look forward to meeting you and supporting you on your jo
Type of Event
- Community Event
These classes involve adapted yoga postures, movements, breathing and relaxation in order to nourish yourself and your baby through this exciting time in your life.
Yoga can help to
- Ease the common aches and pains associated with pregnancy (back pain, pelvic pain, sciatica, sleeplessness and breathlessness, swollen joints etc).
- Increase self-confidence and ease any fear, anxiety, stress and depression.
- Learn breathing techniques to relax body and mind and relieve pain during labour.
- Deep relaxation for better sleep during pregnancy and more energy.
- A dedicated time for you to deeply connect with your baby
- Tone, strength and open the body in preparation for giving birth
- Feeling empowered within your body
- Meeting other lovely mamas-to-be
All classes include yoga asana (postures) breathing techniques (pranayama) and relaxation. Each week there will be elements of anatomy, ayurveda (diet and remedies) advice on specific aches and pains experienced during pregnancy and words of wisdom to mentally prepare you for the emotional changes you have and will continue to experience. The classes may vary slightly as I adapt and listen to the needs of the class.
We’ll cover postures and additional tools for problems such as sciatica, hip and pelvic pain such as SPD, heartburn and acid reflux, insomnia and many more.
K I N D W O R D S
”Great class, so relaxing but also empowering with techniques to prepare your managing labour. So glad I did it-feel like I have a toolkit if things to help me when I go into labour”
V E N U E
The Barn, Netherton Farm, ML7 5TT
Our new venue is approx 12 mins from Bathgate / 10 mins from Armadale. On the Blackridge / Harthill road.
Please contact me if you have any questions