Reading Bodies - An Adjustments Workshop
In this workshop we will
1) learn how to 'read effort' in the body through Laban's principles
2) look at muscular and skeletal factors
3) examine types of touch and intent in adjusting
Type of Event
This workshop is suited to students, to teachers and anyone with a regular Ashtanga or Yin yoga practice curious about adjustments.
With a background in dance, April has spent the last 20 years analysing movement. In this workshop we will look at three factors that come into play when "assisting" yoga asana:
1) we will learn how to 'read effort' in the body by looking at individual movement tendencies based on Ruldolf Laban's principles of Effort;
2) we will look at muscular and skeletal factors;
3) types of touch and intent in adjusting.
The workshop is for those interested in a different way of "looking" at their students' practice as well as their own practice.
£30 and includes materials.