Refining the Power of Quiet: A Yin Yoga Teacher Training
Includes an introduction to yin yoga, it's postures, sequences and classes as well as what a yin attitude is during a yin class. Students will learn some of the traditional ideas of a meridian energy perspective and a more fundamental understanding of the physical effects on connective tissue from relaxed, long-held traction.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
4 hours on Friday Evening
9 hours on Saturday
7 hours on Sunday
A weekend intensive yin yoga teacher-training module which includes an extensive amount of practicum and partner-practice teaching sessions. Intent is to create deeper insight into cultivating useful instruction during yoga posture practice with a yin emphasis. One need not be a yoga instructor to take part in the training although a background in instructing yoga will be helpful.
Topics To Be Discussed:
1. Traditional Chinese Medicine Meridians. How and which Meridian lines are affected by yin postures.
2. Modern physiological and anatomical concepts of a yin practice.
3. Cues, sequencing and prop usage.
4. Descriptions and properties of classical yin postures.
5. Definition, context and modern history of the phrase ‘yin yoga’.
Participants can register via the Five Points Yoga, Athens, GA Mind Body app site under workshop listings.