R.I.S.E. Yoga Certification Course (Trauma-Sensitive Yoga)
Trauma-sensitive yoga certification course!
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
20 hour trauma-sensitive yoga certification course. First time yogi's welcome. We teach the fundamentals and basics conducive with trauma-sensitive tools and techniques. Approved for CEU's!
we are proud to offer a 20- hour certification on trauma-sensitive yoga practices: Yoga: Recover Inspired Self Empowerment. Come RISE with US!
Whether you’re a practicing yogi or not, this course is suitable for ALL individuals, yoga teachers, mental health professionals, counselors, behavorial therapists, care-takers, or anyone who would like to educate themselves on how trauma or long-term stress can affect the brain and body.
Our expert instructors all have thousands of hours of teaching and training. You will not only be trained by multiple certified yoga teachers, but you will be taught by several psychologists who will explain how the brain and body connect, the anatomy of trauma, how trauma affects people in different ways, and how to heal through movement.
You will learn from a local Yoga Therapist about trauma's long term effects on the breath, proper self care, and working with special populations.
This course is a certified:
* 20 hours for continuing education with Yoga Alliance
* 19 clinical hours for the Board of Physical Therapy
* 20 hours for the Nevada Board of Psychological Examiners
* 19.75 contact hours for Nevada Board of Education
* 19.25 hours for the Nevada Board of Social Workers and Interns
* 20 hours for the Nevada State Board of Nursing- APRN, RN, LPN & CNA
* 20 hours for Marriage and Family Therapists/Clinical Professionals and Interns
* 20 hours Occupational Therapist
The program includes:
1. Learning the definition of trauma and practice of mindfulness and how it is useful in behavioral interventions
2. Learning how to become more Trauma-Informed in your practices
3. Anatomy presentation specific to trauma
4. The psychology of trauma and neurophysiology
5. Breathing and self-regulation techniques
6. Posture sequencing, queuing & appropriate postures
7. Identify how yoga and mindfulness can help with creating body and mind connection, and how this can be useful in teaching impulse control, emotion regulation and interpersonal skills
8. Opportunities for hands on practice techniques to help increase personal mindfulness as well as group mindfulness
9. Yoga for kids
10. Yoga adaptable for persons with limited mobility and special populations
11. Appropriate hands on assists
12. Mindful self-care practices