RYT 200 Yoga Teacher Training
Upon successful completion of both modules of the program you will be qualified to register as a RYT 200® with Yoga Alliance. Our graduates teach a diverse range of yoga styles including Ashtanga, flow, gentle, yin, chair, and children’s yoga.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Orientation and information session: 4:00pm, Saturday, January 31, 2015
The 200-hour Spring Intensive Program consists of two modules:
1. Curriculum Intensive and Posture Development Course Fee: $1350 + GST
2. Practicum Apprenticeship Course Fee: $1000 + GST
Yoga Alliance 200-Hour Registered Yoga Teacher Training
This program will transform your practice and radically deepen your understanding of yoga. This training is suitable for both aspiring teachers and dedicated practitioners as it will provide the foundation of knowledge essential for any invested yogi.
Our program follows the rich lineage of Krishnamacharya, rooted in teachings from Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras. Our methodology combines the flow and power of Ashtanga with its focus on alignment and sequencing. To balance, you will learn Yin and Restorative styles as well as sequencing and ideas to create your own flow style.
You will have the opportunity to learn from our experienced teachers in their area of specialty. A daily 2-hour practice will integrate the principles of teaching deeply into your body. We will focus on wellness, pranayama, and meditation to enhance your experience.
You will learn how to:
- teach safe and dynamic flow & Ashtanga classes
- teach Yin & Restorative classes
- apply anatomical understanding of the body to alignment in yoga asanas
- sequence creatively and safely
- recognize common misalignments & risks
- suggest modifications & variations of poses
- offer clear verbal and hands-on assistance
- develop an area of interest and specialty
- find your own unique teaching voice
- incorporate neuroscience research that supports a deep understanding of the interface between science and meditation in the path of transformation and greater health and well-being